x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

JLime Tutorial

1 2 3
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

chazco - 2006-02-20 4:20 AM

mscdex - 2006-02-20 9:27 PM

chazco - 2006-02-20 3:09 AM

All Opie applications are available, so if one exists for it you can use it. As for Donkey, at the moment modules can be compiled in but we plan to make it work on an installable basis.

orinoco

The development kernel/userland pack under the topic "Files Rescued from old forum" on JLime site has support i think.

Do you happen to have the shell script that would download and install opie?

Theres one on the site under the same thread, although it only installs the bare minimum. Hope that helps.

Found it
Now I just have to wait for my forum account to be approved
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 12:09 PM
#
Kristoffers not been online today for some reason. I'll try to PM you the file in a moment . I'm currently trying to write a Windows based installer that should do all this on the desktop computer, but its difficult.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 12:10 PM
#
http://one.fsphost.com/knuckles/jlime/

Its a sort of backup, either download install_opie.sh to your HPC, or use the three part pre-made image.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 2:45 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I was looking in the opie userland on knuckles' site there, and saw that there aren't any orinoco/orinoco_cs/hermes drivers compiled into the kernel

I'm going to try the sh script method to install opie and see what I can get going.
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 3:34 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks for all that

One could hope for a bit better nomenclature on the JLime site. For the new visitor what is Shrek vs. Donkey? Does JLime run on any WinCE2.0 machine because all they seem to have is a LX620 Win2.11 bootloader. In the files what does 5xx, 6xx, 7xx etc. mean? I assume it is for the LX model (as in 620, 660, etc) but it could also be kernel version - it needs to be made clearer.

A file list needs to be made to create the equivalent of packages - one has pretty much no idea what files to download to get a module going. Maybe categorized into directories?

Otherwise it is very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing more, including your Windows installer (ooh, it looks nice!) Thanks for all the great work
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 4:10 AM
#
It works on SOME WinCE 2.00 devices, see the forum. I agree that the main site could use some work, but the next release is due fairly soon, so we will probably have a better layout. Packages can be installed using apt-get at the moment, and module support isnt currently available (well, it is in the developer one, but not in the public releases).

I'm looking forward to seeing more, including your Windows installer (ooh, it looks nice!)

Thanks, took a lot of work. I've sent it to Kris who is moving it onto the JLime site soon. I've also got rid of quite a few of the DOS popup's now, so it looks more friendly to users.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 2:08 PM
#
Greetings, (its Kristoffer)

To answer your question, we havent got a working wince 2.00 bootloader, so even though the userlands should work fine you cannot get into linux.
We are working with the netbsd people to resolve this.

I've begun working on a new kernel that should bring full support to every aspect of the J6xx.

The process of porting jlime to other archs is not hard, therefore we see jlime on other archs within a couple of weeks. The main reason why i havent ported it to the 7xx arch yet is due to the kernel (2.6) needing some work. Michael has done wonders with it now and its almost ready for release.

Best wishes
Kristoffer
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 7:04 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Kristoffer, what wonders has he done? Last time I heard from him, it was unable to do much of anything.

2.6 would be excellent, even if it doesn't help power management, other things could be made much easier with it. (Like the ability to run certain daemons.)
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 9:31 AM
#
Just about everything works now, with APM. Theres also support for almost every card you can find and it runs quite fast.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 10:55 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

2 post, sorry.

Edited by raul 2006-03-07 10:56 AM
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 10:56 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

APM is working for Jlime 7xx branch or 6xx branch?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 11:06 AM
#
6xx at moment. He's compiling 7xx branch as soon as 6xx is confirmed to work okay.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:29 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Wait, just about everything is working now for kernel 2.6?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:46 AM
#
In the Donkey release (not sure of exact version) which is due out any day now (the release candidates are out) everything seems to work. Theres fully functional APM (battery status, suspend), fast GUI (Opie runs at least as fast as CE did), sound support, full PCMCIA/CF support (modular) and so on. A few little bugs left to iron out and then it'll be perfect.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:57 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Wow, this is exciting news to me. Just to clarify, this is only for the 690 at this point?
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12