x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

News about JLime

1 2
carmelo42
carmelo42 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 8:11 AM
#
Hi people !

Do you knoow that Jlime forum has opened again ? A new forum, very empty for the moment, but which only wait for your participation !

Carmelo
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 9:19 AM
#
Also - the JLime Windows installer is about to be released (by me!). Keep watching the JLime forum...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

chazco - 2006-02-24 3:19 PM

Also - the JLime Windows installer is about to be released (by me!). Keep watching the JLime forum...

WOW
 Top of the page
carmelo42
carmelo42 Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 1:47 PM
#
yeah, the chazco's win installer looks very nice ! It'll be very soon downloadable (tomorrow ...)

Go to the JLime forum to see it ! --> http://jlime.com/phpBB2/
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 2:25 PM
#
Kris is setting up a developer folder later. Once thats up it should be a few hours of uploading then it'll be ready.
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 6:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Just a small bump about current JLime status:

J6XX
Donkey Kernel : Latest 2.6.15-RC5 (Probobly goes gold)
Donkey Userland : First Donkey Userland Release Candidate released today(!)
Donkey Feed : Currently 2336 Packets

Will begin work on J7xx next week, should have a userland within 1-2 weeks.
more info on jlime forum.

/Kristoffer
www.jlime.com
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 8:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have to give a warning about Chazco's Windows based installer. I used it successfully to flash a card and then uninstalled the program. The result was a totally hosed USB subsystem. I ended up having to reinstall XP. I would recommend imaging your boot drive before using his program, in case things go bad.
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 9:36 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

o_O Oh oh. I wish you would have posted your USB issues prior to the XP reinstall to see if we could help work out the problems (rip out the HKLM VxD and hardware info, etc). I'm sure that type of knowledge would have been useful to know what went wrong so that either the installer fixed or others with the same problem helped.

Oh well
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 4:25 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Is that using the little thing I developed? Does it work ?
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 5:14 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Before chaczo gets his installer to work properly, I highly recommend installing JLime in the old fashion way.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 10:04 AM
#
Rocketman - 2006-03-23 8:10 PM

I have to give a warning about Chazco's Windows based installer. I used it successfully to flash a card and then uninstalled the program. The result was a totally hosed USB subsystem. I ended up having to reinstall XP. I would recommend imaging your boot drive before using his program, in case things go bad.

What actually went wrong with it? USB works fine on several other test systems after using the installer.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 12:28 PM
#
Sorry - wasnt logged in...

The beta version you tried does have some bugs in, quite a lot have been fixed, but this is a new one. Any information about what actually happened would be very useful.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-01 4:40 AM
#
Installer #2 is ready to be released with the next JLime. It no longer needs to modify USB drivers, or even use a disk image. The new one installs using initrd.gz, and can run via Activesync or a USB card reader (or even on the device itself as a CAB file). This one shouldnt be able to damage the host computer, and doesnt require massive downloads.

ProgramSynthesiser
(What would really be good would be an installer for CE, but that would be programming suicide (porting the partitioner, coding for CE...))

From here

Edited by chazco 2006-06-01 4:50 AM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-02 7:52 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Hahaha, thanks for proving me wrong.

This is one situation where I am glad someone bashed me for doubting their programming skills. Well, good luck, and what about copying an image file to the FAT partition instead?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 3:43 AM
#
Thats how it works. The initrd.gz contains a script to partition and extract a full userland to the newly created partition(s). Its under testing and seems to work well.

Edited by chazco 2006-06-03 3:46 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 29