x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

News about JLime

1 2
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 4:02 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Newly created partitions? Like I said, why not just copy one file, that contains the entire Linux filesystem, onto the existing FAT partition that the drive came with?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 4:12 AM
#
If you mean a single file, acting as a partition, we considered it, but it has some problems, such as suspend doesnt work with it, and it seems to share the initrd.gz 8MB limit for some reason. You also end up having swap problems.

The way we're going seems to work fine though, and only takes 5 or so minutes for a fully automated install, which creates a swap partition* and so on.

* - On a CF card this may sound bad, but the swap is barely used. The only time i've seen it used was when running Konqueor on an image intensive page.
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 10:12 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Greetings,

Just wanted everyone to know that new bootstrap-images for the 7xx is up on the release candidate download list. We are wishing for feedback so we can sort out the last bugs before donkey is released.
It runs on a 2.6.17 kernel with mostly everything sorted (except sound and suspend/resume).

Best wishes
Kristoffer
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 11:07 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Very interesting news. I will see if I can scrounge another CF card up to run it! I would love to compare it with 720 Degrees, which my Jornada 720 (728ish, with upgrade board) is running currently.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-16 6:48 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

How did you get the 2.6 kernel to run anything at all?

Last I heard from Gernoth, nothing worked.

The battle isn't over yet! We have a brightness/contrast tool from shadowmaster!

EDIT: Oh yeah, can I have that modified kernel?

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2006-07-16 6:50 AM
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-07-16 1:12 PM
#
Another bit of JLime news: we are currently updating all installers to be 'multilingual', so it will be even easier for users to install JLime.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10