x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IBIZ Pocket Radio Hack

Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 8:26 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have purchased an Ibiz Pocket Radio (compact flash version) for my IPAQ. Having read a number of the threads lately regarding running Pocket Pc software on Jornada 720's I wondered if it might be possible to get the Pocket Radio software to run on my Jornada. I am rather new to this hacking business and wondered if anyone has had any experience in this area or could give me a tips about how to try and achieve this?

Many thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 8:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1192&pos...

See my post right before yours. Get the ARM CAB file from the installation ZIP file. (You can try using Setup and choosing to install the "Pocket PC" version [which is for Pocket PC 2000], as opposed to the Pocket PC 2002 file. However, I'm not sure if there will be any problems, since there is already a glitch in many CE application installers that misidentifies the 720 as a Pocket PC. I doubt that this will be a problem though, because the interface shows up the same as the Pocket PC one anyway, so it probably uses the same aygshell.dll file. You will need to use WinWatch to scroll the screen up and down a little to get at all the buttons.) No hack is required.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-02-24 8:54 PM
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 2:13 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

It works! Installed Pocket Radio software (can be installed via Activsync or by copying ARM cab over and installing direct from Jornada). Then installed Aygshell (Version 4) into Pocket Radio folder and hey presto no more error messages about cannot find files. I did a softreset and the Ibiz Pocket Radio Card LED came on. I installed winwatch but haven't quite got to grips with how to use it to make whole of radio panel visible or scrollable. Doesn't really matter from a functional point of view as the auto/manual scan button is visible. I wasn't to impressed with the autoscan but id the software is set to manual then you can search very effectively as the slider moves in increments of 0.1. There are also two other controls that increase and decrease by 0.1. Reception is a bit variable but it is worth moving up and down the scale a bit as there is often a better reception within one or two increments/decrements.

Thanks for the advice - these have been sat in a draw gathering dust since they were purchased from Expansys before Xmas. I now intend to investigate if they can pick up the wireless bugs my two boys have. Real secret agent stuff!

Craig
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as for winwatch first press Win+X then Win+F (or the other way around? i tend to forget)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 12:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It is Win+X and then Win+F. I was really happy when I got this to work on my MP790 (BTW, I didn't have to copy any aygshell files over to the device to make it work). You can just hook up a pair of portable speakers and you've got a very portable stereo radio that does other stuff too. Can't get much cooler than that. (Or can we?)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9