x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Has anyone seperated the two halves of LCD casing on J720

Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 9:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Has anyone pried apart the two halves of the casing surrounding the screen on a J720/728? If so any recommendations on technique, did anything break, did you get a tight seal again when you put them back together? Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 9:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, slowly, using a finger nail nothing more, start on the bottom left corner and work clockwise, it's highly possible that you will break one of the clasps if you do not apply enough lateral pressure. 90-95% of previous strength afterwards, assuming you don't break any clasps.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 2:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Best to disconnect the hinge and cable from motherboard which requires opening the bottom part as well. The clips are in the inside frame and click into hooks in the outside frame. Open the bottom edge first. Then slightly bend the outside half to get one side lose.

If no clips are broken you can put it back as tight as before.

However I recommend against it as the clips are easily broken.

If you are simply trying to get the outside painted, I suggest leaving the lid intact, seperate it from base, cover the screen and hinges as tightly as you can, then do whatever you want on the outside of the lid. Don't try to paint the inside frame with the LCD still within it.
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 2:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yea, I've decided against seperating the two halves. If I broke a clip I'd be irrate. A couple of scratches I can learn to cope with, a loose lcd assembly I cannot.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 4:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as for keeping the clips intact: the trick is in which direction you're prying the two halves apart.... i forgot. but i can ask a friend of mine...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 6:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Face panel goes over the mouldings on the back plate of the LCD.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.132 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9