x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.0

enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 12:17 AM
#
I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I'm trying to get everything I need loaded into my recently bought J720. I've had a few problems getting some software to run. I've installed Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.0 but when I try to run it, I get erros, so it doesn't even run. Is there something I should modify or change in the registry in order for this program to run?

I've also downloaded a Dominoes and Checkers game, available in the downloads section and I can't run them either. I've installed many other applications and everything else is checking out ok but would really like these other aps to run. If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 12:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

If, in your second comment, you're talking about the Ilium GameBagOne, I believe I've had the same problem. The installer won't start; instead I get an error message saying that it can't find a file it needs to begin installation.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I tried downloading that same one and the installer wouldn't start on my machine either. The other illium software worked fine.
 Top of the page
enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 10:42 AM
#
Well at least is good to know is not just me but I would really like Adobe Acrobat to work, so I got to keep digging into this.

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 11:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Did you download it from us or from adobe?
 Top of the page
enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 12:38 PM
#
C:Amie - 2006-02-26 11:35 AM

Did you download it from us or from adobe?

Yes I download it from HPC-Factor, I tred both versions 1.0 and 2.0 and I get the same errors. Now I can't even intall version 2 again because I get an error telling me version 1.0 is installed even though I uninstalled it the correct way, there must be some .dll file somewhere or something that the uninstaller didn't delete.

This is error I'm getting with version 1 or 2:

"Fatal Application Error

Application AcroRd32.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down....

Program: AcroRd32.exe
Exception: OxcO000005
Address: 00cbf2ac"

Edited by enrigonz 2006-02-26 1:16 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 4:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That looks really familiar. It's probably been discussed in another thread somewhere.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 4:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

enrigonz - 2006-02-26 6:17 AM

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I'm trying to get everything I need loaded into my recently bought J720. I've had a few problems getting some software to run. I've installed Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.0 but when I try to run it, I get erros, so it doesn't even run. Is there something I should modify or change in the registry in order for this program to run?

I've also downloaded a Dominoes and Checkers game, available in the downloads section and I can't run them either. I've installed many other applications and everything else is checking out ok but would really like these other aps to run. If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

get acrobat reader from my site http//izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php (get the hpc2000 version! not the cenet ones), that will work.

i don't know about the game
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 5:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I was searching the forums trying to find a thread that addresses this, and I see you point out that the problem is MFC-related. That's why I always select "No" when asked to overwrite the existing file(s). Your version solves that problem.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-02-26 5:02 PM
 Top of the page
enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 6:45 PM
#

get acrobat reader from my site http//izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php (get the hpc2000 version! not the cenet ones), that will work.

i don't know about the game

THANK YOU!

This version worked great, now I feel I'm complete (almost) with all software I want running on my J720. The games I mentioned also have problems but I was able to installed them too, so is all good!
 Top of the page
val48 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 2:27 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Im a newbie and I am having the same problem with acrobat reader-each one I tried to install told me that this application is not for this device--I just tried your website and it comes up netscape search--would you happen to have another link??? Thanks!!!
 Top of the page
enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 6:54 PM
#
val48 - 2006-03-01 2:27 PM

Hi Im a newbie and I am having the same problem with acrobat reader-each one I tried to install told me that this application is not for this device--I just tried your website and it comes up netscape search--would you happen to have another link??? Thanks!!!

Hi,

Welcome!

I was helped so the least I can do is try to help others too. I was able to log on the website and download the program before, today I did not get anywhere. I have the program on my hard drive and can upload it to you if you want but you need to provide me with an email address. PM me and I'll try to help you out.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 8:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

val48 - 2006-03-01 8:27 PM

sorry it was a typo, correct link is: http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10