x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New nPOP with built-in SSL

Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 4:00 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

For those who didn't note a new version of nPOP, the WinCE mail client, has been posted at

http://www.nakka.com/soft/npop/index_eng.html

v1.06 now has the ability to handle SSL connections to servers and the required DLL's are also on the site. Note that all DLL's are marked for "Pocket PC" "CE3.0" so I believe you should have no problem running nPOP w/SSL on a HPC WinCE3.0 (HPC 2000) machine (I hope).

Good luck!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 4:11 AM
#
H/PC Elder

But there's a version there for ce211 and later (all cpus supported).
It should work fine on hpc2k.
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 5:05 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

The program currently works on CE2.0 - except the SSL functionality. The main program should work on CE2.11 but I cannot say if SSL will function as the required DLL's - npopssl.dll, libeay32.dll, ssleay32.dll - will be missing as the DLL's seem to be available for CE3.0 only. I cannot say if nPOP v1.06 will use CE2.11's built-in SSL functionality added with the SSL Service Packs (I would probably say "no" as the custom SSL DLL's are most likely still needed)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

WOW, i want this! i can forget flaky qmail3 (and not fully compatible with some of my hpc's) then. mhmmm will this work with gmail out of the box? hope so..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9