x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

JLime Windows Install

chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 2:35 PM
#
The JLime Windows based installer is now available :-) - yep, you read that right!

http://jlime.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23

Currently requires Windows 2000/XP/Vista and a 128MB CF card. More support coming soon.
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 2:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

chazco - 2006-02-26 2:35 PM

The JLime Windows based installer is now available :-) - yep, you read that right!

http://jlime.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23

Currently requires Windows 2000/XP/Vista and a 128MB CF card. More support coming soon.

Thanks I saw the JLime forum thread about 20 minutes ago. The link does require that you register with the forum before you can download, however.

Also will the installer / JLime work with any other CF cards beside 128MB? I have 8, 16, 64 and 512MB, not 128. Also the forum had a link to a WinCE 2.0 bootloader - any issues?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 2:48 PM
#
It will work with other cards when we create the images. I dont have any other sizes, so i cant create the images (unless its possible to mount a file in Linux?).
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 2:52 PM
#
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 3:00 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks! I guess if I want to try all this out I'm gonna have to get my rear to a shop and pick up a 128MB card ^_^
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 3:02 PM
#
The other images should be along soon, but i dont have a timeframe i'm afraid.
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 4:07 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

No problem!

Hmmm - how about installing JLime on a 128MB partition of a larger CF? Will that cause an issue?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 4:15 PM
#
It MIGHT accept other size cards. You dont need to create a partition, since JLime creates three (FAT16, ext2, swap - disabled by default but useful on microdrives) anyway, the rest of the space will just be wasted though.
 Top of the page
snickersmd Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:42 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

chazco - 2006-02-26 1:48 PM

It will work with other cards when we create the images. I dont have any other sizes, so i cant create the images (unless its possible to mount a file in Linux?).

You can mount an image file of a filesystem in linux. I used a similar technique to create the base filesystem for 720degrees.

Here's a tutorial I found with Google, not the exact one I used, but good enough.

Also here's an idea for you. Instead of making multiple install images, would it be feasible to make a single image, and then either on Linux boot or on the fly, run parted and resize the partition to maximize any CF card. It would certainly keep the size of the installation files down, if possible.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9