x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless install problem Intermec 6651

ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 9:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi... didn't think I'd return to my Intermec, but I got a NECMP900C recently, and in the course of fixing it up, realized some of the solutions might work with the 6651.

At takwu's suggestion over in another forum, I tried the driver for the Linksys WCF12 (CF wireless card) with my Linksys WPC11v3 PCMCIA card and it works like a charm for my NECMP900C. According to the WCF12 documentation, it should also work with an WinCE 3.0 or higher device, including those with a MIPS processor.

So I tried installing it on my Intermec, but after the installation process, I get "PRISMSTA.EXE has performed an illegal operation and will shut down" so nothing further happens. I didn't get this message with my NEC.

Can anybody suggest what is happening here and why? Would other drivers or junk from other programs long past interfere with the installation?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 9:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

From my own experience, I suspect that this is an issue with mfcce30.dll. Have you installed any Pocket PC applications on your 6651?
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 9:48 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hmmm... now that I think of it, I might have modified mfcce30.dll for something (but I can't recall). I could move it out, rename it, and then reinstall an older version I know to be correct.
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 9:19 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well, no further luck. I tried to rename mfcce300.dll but the Intermec wouldn't let me alter any system files. In fact, I couldn't move any files, copy any files, etc. Zippo. I remember having this problem before, but I can't for the life of me remember how I worked around it or enabled file changes! I must be overlooking something obvious.

So, I did the ultimate - I had too much junk on it anyways - I did a hard reset. Theoretically, it only has what came in the original ROM and I figured installing the WCF12 driver should now work.

No luck. I still get the same PRISMSTA.EXE error message - eventhough the Intermec should be "clean" - and I still can't alter or change anything in the Windows folder (system files).

Any suggestions? Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you installed the pocketpc version of the linksys driver... just get a HPC2000 version of the intersil prism drivers from the support section on this site. if it asks for a driver name then you probably need to type PRISMNDS
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 3:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

For the record, you can't alter the ROM files in any way. Installers can overwrite the files (128 bit schannel.dll for example) but generally we can't.
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 3:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks! I'll give it a try when I get home (HPC2000 version drivers).

As for not altering ROM, I thought it might be something like that, but I couldn't remember if we could do anything or I was just imagining things! Thanks!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9