x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

how to set up wifi connection with laptop and J720?

gztanwei Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 12:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello!

I just bought Linksys WPC11 V3 wifi card and installed the driver for CE, no problem here.

then I wanted to let my 720 surf the internet through my laptop wifi and also share the files on my laptop. but I can't set it up propriately, and I tried searching on the forum, but I can't find the helpful thread.

could you tell me how to set up the PC side and also the HPC side?

thank you very much!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

First of all, how does your laptop connect to the internet?
 Top of the page
gztanwei Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 1:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have an AP now. so make things simple, how can I surf through the connection to AP?
I can see the AP through the driver of WPC11 on my J720, and there is no password on my AP. but the PIE just showed "A connection with the server could not be established"
could you help me? thank you!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 3:07 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, what type of internet connection do you use? Is it connected to your Access Point now?

Does your laptop get an internet connection thru the AP as well? Does the AP have a built-in router?

I know that is a lot of questions but they are all requisite to solving your problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 7:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

use vxutil, see info in it, if the IP isn't 192.168.xxxx eject and reinsert card or soft reset. good luck.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9