x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PPC progs working on NEC 790?

stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 6:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi there,
at last I have my own NEC 790 and I love it's speed (compared to MP 780).

But, in order to get as much as possible, I want to fiddle with some PPC soft.

I've took gx.dll from Cmonex (correct me if I'm wrong whose site was it ) site, as well as aygshell (why there are 11 of them? Which one should I load).

I remember that someone wrote a program that prevented dialog boxes of showing off-screen, but I can't remember any details... Can you give me a hand?

Also, which version and how should I use Nyditot (and maybe there's a freeware version?) just to rotate display.

And besides - maybe you could write which PPC soft you've succefully run on NEC 790?

PS. And oh yes - is there Acrobat 2.0 for MIPS? (I guess no ).
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 7:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Funny you love its speed...the 790 and 780 both run at the same speed.

The program you want is called Winwatch. Search this site and you'll find it and the link to it.

I'm guessing that the aygshell you are talking about are pocketpc versions...copy them to the same folder as your pocketpc application and see if it runs. When you get one to work, you will know you have the right one.

No freeware version for Nyditot. Always use the newest, and if that doesn't work, go back to a previous version.

Rich
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 7:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I know they have the same clock, but try running an app larger than 10 kB and you'll see the difference :-)

Thx for bearing on Winwatch :-)

And another thing - for HPC Pro, there was a Plus! Pack with utilities such as battery/memory level indicator in taskbar - does HPC2000 have utils like this?
And I can't remember the name of the pack of network programs: ping and other like this - any hints :-)

(And I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions... And for my not-so-best English )
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 8:04 AM
#
I believe the same Plus Pak from Microsoft is used for the 790 as well as the 780. Just download and install it.

The Phantom Poster
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 8:14 AM
#
aaaaaaaaaaa any people can post here the aygshell for HPCPro(MIPS), because I doesn't find it in any placeeee
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 8:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Derek.HPCManiac,
Simply find a post by CmoneX and visit her website - as insinuated by the first poster.

stasheck,
You have to use the 1.0 redist, there is no 2.0. The H/PC Pro Plus and Power Toys will run on HPC2000. You can get them in the downloads section.
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 8:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

OK - the network software is vxUtil :-)

Derek.HPCManiac - I'm afraid there's no aygshell for HPC Pro... Because it's Pro
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 9:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah 790 is certainly faster, i upgraded my 780 and it is noticeably faster now

gx.dll: there are two sites for mipx gx.dlls, one is mine (i need to update it though), the other is in japanese (visit that one definitely)... so?

the 11 (now 13 ) aygshells are all ARM versions, sorry, you need to download the MIPS.zip from my site, that contains the mips aygshells (and all other mips dlls except gx, that's a separate package). which one is the best? well, experiment depends on the app...

anyway i guess i need to write "arm" in big big caps no one seems to notice the aygshells.zip is ARM only.

nyditot is not so much needed since winwatch was created

only acrobat 1.0 is available for MIPS

Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:07 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

THX so much, that covers about all (for now) (maybe except "Programs for PPC that I can run on my 790" )
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 11:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The clock speed may be the same but, the 790 runs apps and web pages much faster. At least mine does. Of course the os is just more efficient than pro.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 12:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes, hpc2k is IMO, maybe 30-50% faster than ce211 on many tasks.

Identical hardware (780/790) performs much differently with either OS.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9