x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Warfare Inc. working on Nec MP790!

stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 4:26 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I just got to share the news:

I've got Warfare Inc., working on HPC2000/MIPS in GAPI mode!

Note to Cmonex: the gx.dll for MIPS HPC that you have at your site is either old version, or doesn't work with MobilePro - when I tried to run WI using this file, all I've got was GDI mode - sloooow.

But, I've remembered that someone used other gx.dll in MP780 to play movies. Found that post, and bang! http://www.age.jp/~k-matsu/CE/dummygx/ (address posted by cmonex btw - I don't know why you haven't got this on your site?)

Simple - download "ver 4.0", copy gx.dll for MIPS, for WinCE3.0 and rename MobileGearIIMCR450.gx.dll.ini to gx.dll.ini.

Now, install Warfare and have an instant climax at its look, feel & speed :-)

I wonder what other great games can be working with it... :-)

Edited by stasheck 2006-03-02 4:26 AM
 Top of the page
sch01ar
sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 5:47 AM
#
Well done stasheck!
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 12:53 PM
#
COOL. Is this .dll file legally able to be ditsributed with a game? Just wondering...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 1:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, i was lazy to test the dlls before reposting them on my site. that's why they weren't there. but i see now that they work (glad to hear that). so i'll upload them to my site!
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 1:15 PM
#
BTW, how can I obtain a copy(or a demo is fine) of Warfare Inc for HPC? The only versions that I can find are for PPC. I want to try this out for myself...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 1:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes warfare is ppc only. just use aygshell & delete the original gx.dll (you need this gx.dll instead)
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 4:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

After getting so much support from all of you, it's great that I proved myself useful after all :-)

:sigh: didn't know that my NEC is capable of such stunning gfx... It's a shame that there are so little games of this quality. And shame that the PocketDoom GAPI version isn't compiled for MIPS :/
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 10:28 PM
#
actually, I've never managed to get warfare inc to run in full mode on my hpc. I've taken out the gx.dll and put in aygshell but nothing works! Anyone got any other pointers? Oh, i've a j728.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 11:04 PM
#
stasheck - 2006-03-02 1:03 PM

:sigh: didn't know that my NEC is capable of such stunning gfx... It's a shame that there are so little games of this quality.

Fear not, for someday, I will finish my long-awaited game, Star Defenders Online. And it will be ported to as many platforms as possible(Including HPC2000/PRO). I predict that it will be(by far) the greatest game ever made for HPCs.

But first i'd better learn C++
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 12:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

LOL
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 2:12 AM
#
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good ONe!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 4:48 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey cmonex did you try this on the Intermec too?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 11:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

warfare inc? i have never tried it on any hpc (i'm not a gamer)... i might... if you're curious about the intermec
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 1:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

TBH I have never tried that game either. I'm gamer but not when I'm on an HPC But I suggested that because people are so excited about this game and it would be cool to see some screenshots (and perhaps a bit of comments) of this game running on the Intermec large TFT screen.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9