x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Share files or file transfer on Windows network?

takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I simply want to transfer songs to my CF card (I'm outdated when it comes to popular stuff...).

I do not have USB2 in my computer.

Transfering thru USB cradle is kinda slow.

I do have 10BaseT and WiFi cards for the Jornada.
But I don't want to bother with network sync if I don't need to.
On the Jornada, I couldn't see the shared drives from my XP machine. How do I transfer files thru the network?

p.s. I'm going on a small trip tomorrow morning, so I want this music thing sorted out by tonight

*edit* Ok I just checked:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0006.asp
As mentioned, I couldn't see the share at my home machine. After typing in the machine name, I was asked for password, which shouldn't happen (I don't know what to put in). If I leave it blank, I get an empty window with the machine name in the address.

But I can see the shares here at my work place right now, no password asked. So my Jornada is ok. I must've done something wrong with the networking or sharing at home. Any thoughts?

Edited by takwu 2004-12-30 2:45 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 2:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I Need more details on your home PC.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 9:46 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Find your pc's network name in either network neighborhood or network control panels. Then enter it after \\ in explorer. Comeon now, quick! Respond if you want this done soon!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-12-30 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ok people... OOOOPS

I sorta figured it out. In the Control Panel, Network, there's an Identity tab. I had a bogus set of info there, which I put in to troubleshoot (meaning, fool around) network stuff.

I just changed it to a different user name from the one on my home computer, and reset. That's it, now I can see the share.

Maybe it was just a conflict of user name?? Because that's the only difference between my home network (has the same user name logged on at another machine) and my work place network.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 12:49 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Definitely. A hard lesson I learned from setting up LinNeighborhood (I have a better-working version on my beta (hehe) site) that you can't see a networked share without a guest system if you don't have a proper account name/password.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.168 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10