x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Happy Third Birthday HPC:Factor

1 2
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 6:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

We have to have a party
... Maybe some presents
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 3:07 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Happy birthday HPC Factor! May all your birthday wishes come true (...now what does a website dream about anyways?)!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ah, I could tell you what she wished for, but then it wouldn't come true would it
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Happy Birthday gang!

Now, tell us how in more detail how the site came to be. What prompted the owners to invest the time and money for a "dying" platform? One too many Guiness?

While you're at it, what happens if you owners die off? Have you arranged to hand down the site to others? (hey, I'm just being realistic here, bad stuff happens all the time)

Edited by wallythacker 2006-03-09 5:59 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 6:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ha ha ha ha *hires a body guard*

You would have to kill off four people before anyone else could get their mitts on HPC:Factor. There are at least 1000 miles separating each of the four people at the least, and at the extreme, probably around 5000 between the farthest. Getting one of us.. sure, two.. possible... THREE... that would be an extremely bad day... all four; I'd like to see it (or perhaps not).

Seriously though, if anything happens to me control of the site passes fully to the others and the executor of my Will has instruction over passing my IT assets to various channels who will deal with it.

... why exactly it is that I'm telling you this I don't know ...

And no, you can't have my H/PC's.

As for why the site started. Each of us has a different reason. I started in this because I typed "Windows CE 1" into a search engine in 2000 and didn't get any results back. This was before Google (Yes there were search engines before Google). You would have to ask the others why they started. (and no, my maths isn't that terrible. 2006 minus 3 is 2003, yes, HPC:Factor was born out of another CE site which is (was/should be) twice as old).
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Did you guys know each other somehow before the site started? Work together perhaps? As you say, lots of miles seperate you.

And yep, Altavista was my search engine before Google. Those days seem so far away.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 6:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We knew eachother before HPC:factor started. I didn't know any of the others before I started the "first site". I believe that the other three were already familiar with eachother to various degrees before I knew them as they were working on the other "first site" half of the merger that started the site you are looking at right now.
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 7:30 PM
#
C:Amie - 2006-03-09 3:29 PM

ha ha ha ha *hires a body guard*

You would have to kill off four people before anyone else could get their mitts on HPC:Factor. There are at least 1000 miles separating each of the four people at the least, and at the extreme, probably around 5000 between the farthest. Getting one of us.. sure, two.. possible... THREE... that would be an extremely bad day... all four; I'd like to see it (or perhaps not).

Sounds like something from a James Bond movie...
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 8:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The name's Amie, C:Amie
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9