x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help with NetBSD on my mp 780

Funnyman2002 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am trying to install netBSD on my mobilepro 780 with a 512mb compact flash card, i dont have a networking card yet. All of the installation sets are on a 125mb dos partition. Is there any way to use the sets on the dos partition during the netBSD installation
 Top of the page
namityadav Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 12:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, during installation, when the system asks for the packages, you can select 'mount filesystem' and mount your dos partition. Installation from a mounted dos filesystem is actually the best way of installing NetBSD as their ftp installations are always going to 'stall'
 Top of the page
Funnyman2002 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

but how do i mount the dos filesystem.
 Top of the page
namityadav Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

When you are setting the partitions in installation, at that time you can see what partition name netBSD has given to the dos partition. Off the top of my head, it's something like w0d. I may be way off here (Installed NetBSD 2 months back).
Just try these steps ..
Start installation and keep looking for partition names on each screen. Wherever you get some partition info, keep writing it down. By the time you reach the package installation, you'd either have figured out what the dos partition name is, or you'd have some partition names to try out.
Then make sure your set and package directories are correct. The easiest way is to save the packages in <dos partition>/sets/packages/ .. otherwise you'll have to play with '.' directories there.
 Top of the page
asemisldkfj
asemisldkfj Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 11:30 PM
#
http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-exinst.html#chap-exinst-choose-...

Read the text under Figure 3.21. The menus should walk you through mounting the MS-DOS partition.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10