x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Username Origins

[Frozen]
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Frozen
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 9:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hello,

I am sure some of you have some kind of origin to your username.. Tenjean Gosi was an andorian character I made in one of my older Star Trek Cartoons, but I do not do those anymore.. Besides, I am one of the worst drawers...
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 9:49 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

let's see.... I'm one of those who arrive without being noticed and leave without saying goodbay....
like shadows are always with us.. but nobody notice them...
The "Master" was for making it cool lol.... I carry this nickname since at least 6-7 years ago... I was a kid back then, so above everything else.. the nickname NEEDED to be cool...
Also... I'm not from the Microsoft side... and curiously Microsoft = MS and ShadowMaster = SM

[EDIT] Also one of the former reasons was that I don't like sun, I prefer night over day and winter over summer.... my room is very very dark .... and I feel comfortable on it... if I open my windows and let the sun enter my room... somehow the room isn't comfortable for me anymore....
Even going deeper into my mind and feelings.... I feel that Darkness protect me... I really feel protected in shadows....
Shadows has been always part of my life in many ways.... even since I was just a child... my name HAD to be "shadow" somewhere...

Edited by ShadowMaster 2006-03-09 9:55 AM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 10:36 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

MicroSoft CD-rom EXtensions.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:10 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My nickname. Real primary name is Mark, but I didn't like that.... My grandfather, Milton, was in WWII and he got the nick from his last name which we share, Peterson. My fathers name was also Mark, but he kept it... I went with Pete.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:16 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Clearly I'm ultra creative when it comes to this topic...

I guess I could explain the "3"... Clinton Fitch III

(Yes, #1 and #2 are still there and my boy is #4)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Play on my name
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Wessex_Nut:
Hmmmmmm, guess it is hard to explain, but those who have been on the TT forums, Trainz forums, MSN, UKTrainsim forums and UKTrainz forums (unoffical forum for Trainz users based in the UK) would know that my REAL nick has "Electric" in it. I could not fit Nut and electric, in the same nickname, so I cut out the "Electric".
Offically, I am known as WEN, shorthand name for Wessex Electric Nutter.
The nickname is what I thought of, afterall, my favourite trains were always known as the Class 442 "Wessex Electrics", which I have used and loved since I first used one between Southampton and Dorchester, in 1988. Thats when they were brand new and were soo different from every other train BR was offering in the south, it had a MASSIVE toilet (disabled one), where the door was on one side and the toilet was in another corner, like a mile away from the door! They have a buffet, guards van, snug (lounge!) and passanger accomodation in a 23mtr long carrage, right in the centre of the train and when they had their "hatch covers", they looked a hell of at lot more better, despite the gangways.

That is from my perspective anyway, but because I like them so much, my nick is after those great units. However, there is rumors that they will not be around for much longer, so, I guess, I'll have to preserve one, but I cannot afford 20,000 a car! Thats 100,000 per a 5 car set, I wish to have 2 (one in refurbishment condition, prior to the 2006 C6 overhaul) and one in Network SouthEast livery, basically, as delivered.
And besides, the nick is pretty unique. I didn't want to use a nickname of theirs otherwise, like "Wessie" and "Plastic PIGs", the "Plastic PIGs" nick in my nickname would sound horribly wrong!

For those that never seen a Wessex Electric, here is what they look like, this image was snapped at Portsmouth & Southsea station, over 2 years ago before the service went over to Desiros, ironicaly I took it on my 18th birthday, the 16th Feb 2004!
http://russellsphotos.fotopic.net/p2867764.html
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 9:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yoldering. Well a long time ago in a land far far away I sat upon creating my first email address. I wanted to have an original one, but when I went to type it I could not think of a good one. So I started to type. Sure enough Yoldering it what it turned out to be, and has been. I like it
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:34 PM
#
Wessex_nut: That's REALLY COOL that you have such an interest in those majestic machines. Not many people nowadays can show that much passion toward something they know and love. Well, there's HPCs...

CardBoardCrusader... It all started when my brother, some friends, and I dressed up in ridiculously cool costumes. We eached decided to dress up to portray our, um... Super Hero... I think it was halloween... but there were 4 of us. I was Cardboard Crusader, and I had plate mail made of cardboard and cereal boxes, and a cardboard sword. My brother was the Garbagebag Ninja, and he wore ninja gear made of black garbage bags, and he was proficient in using twist ties as a formidable weapon(Don't ask). Then there was the Tinfoil Titan, who wore armor made of tinfoil and such. And finally, the SaranWrap Samurai, who wore Saran-Wrap(OVER his clothes, of course).

And, well, after that, we all went on to use those as our screen names and gamer tags. Man, I really miss those days...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 12:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Guess.
 Top of the page
Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 12:30 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Kinda lame, but mine is from World of Warcraft. This was the best name I came up with. In game, this toon is a hunter, so my pet names all have weather related names, i.e. Ice, Thunder, Rain, etc. and I'm the "storm" master controlling it all. FYI - if you'd rather not have any kind of life outside eating, sleeping, working and gaming - by all means, buy this game. I've been playing since release (about 1 year and 4 months or so) and am still having a ball. Oh, and I did load my characters spells, talent points, etc. on my hpc so I could use that for quick reference while in game. See it all does tie back into hpc's after all!!
 Top of the page
alphacrumb
alphacrumb Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 2:45 AM
#
I've been using the 'alphacrumb' handle for years, starting when I was a member of an Amiga BBS in the 1980s. (That would be 1200 baud modems to you young 'uns out there. For file transfers, we had to use the SneakerNet.)

I love those old Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers serials, and everything in them usually has a Greek letter in it, so I knew I wanted 'alpha' in my handle. I also like R. Crumb, the subversive comic book artist, so I joined the two words and voila. The name stuck and is whispered with awe by tens of, well, just tens of people around the world.

As a concept, I suppose 'alphacrumb' could be defined like this:

ALPHA = how amazing I feel when I get a new gadget that has more bang for the buck than the competing--usually more popular--choice.

crumb = how I feel when my amazing gadget gets orphaned by the manufacturer a year later...

What gadgets would those be? Well, there was that darn Colecovision when I was a kid. Then (in order) the Apple IIgs, the Amiga 500, the Newton Messagepad, the Psion Revo, the Sega Dreamcast, the Jornada 820, and the Rio Karma.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for the underdog. (Either that or I'm cursed. Hmmm...)

Edited by alphacrumb 2006-03-10 2:52 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 3:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-03-09 8:34 PM
CardBoardCrusader... It all started when my brother, some friends, and I dressed up in ridiculously cool costumes. We eached decided to dress up to portray our, um... Super Hero... I think it was halloween... but there were 4 of us. I was Cardboard Crusader, and I had plate mail made of cardboard and cereal boxes, and a cardboard sword. My brother was the Garbagebag Ninja, and he wore ninja gear made of black garbage bags, and he was proficient in using twist ties as a formidable weapon(Don't ask). Then there was the Tinfoil Titan, who wore armor made of tinfoil and such. And finally, the SaranWrap Samurai, who wore Saran-Wrap(OVER his clothes, of course).

And, well, after that, we all went on to use those as our screen names and gamer tags. Man, I really miss those days...

Funny, I always thought that the name made reference to the two most important pieces of hardware in the H/PC: the motherboard and memory card.

Oh, and I've been wondering since I joined this site: How do you pronounce Yoldering?
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 7:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Mostly I'm curious about C:Amie and Cmonex (WallyTheHacker is quite easy ).

Mine is the best english transcription of my name that I could think of:

My name is Stanisław, friends call me Staszek - but no foreigners seem able to spell it, so in order to help them, I'm Stasheck Not perfect, but... ;-)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 7:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Merged into existing thread
 Top of the page
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.225 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12