x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: NEC Celux MC/300HC (Flashback)

[Frozen]
Frozen
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 3:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ars Gratia Artis - or Art for Arts Sake, something of a motto here at HPC:Factor in recent times. We all know what happens when art and the web meet in the middle, but what happens when art and a Handheld PC do?

The answer that this question is the Celux MC/300HC; a little known device manufactured by NEC Japan.
In the latest HPC:Factor flashback review, guest reviewer Joe Chow takes a comprehensive look at this Louis Vuitton inspired PDA and lets us know if its merits are more than superficial.

Read the review and have your say right here on the forums!

Review: NEC Celux MC/300HC
 Top of the page Quote Reply
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Joe should write more reviews.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 4:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Good article...good thing it is not for sale...at that price I might have made a mistake.

Rich
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 5:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

reading about new (to me) hardware like that makes me want a '900c
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 5:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I like reading about the obscure hardware too, especially seeing the Japanese devices that we here in the west don't get to see all that much. It's nice to know about these oriental gems, and that the H/PC is still alice and strong over there.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-03-13 11:30 PM

I like reading about the obscure hardware too, especially seeing the Japanese devices that we here in the west don't get to see all that much. It's nice to know about these oriental gems, and that the H/PC is still alice and strong over there.

very good point.. the japanese people made some of the best hpc's...

i mean, they somehow have a fresh view of the possibilities and make hpc1s that are unique.

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-13 6:16 PM
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

On a broader scale, it explains why Toyota is about to overtake GM as the largest car maker in the world.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 6:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, the thread is not as old as not to mention something very relevant:

"The original ROM image (.bin files copied with the programmer) is not publicly available for commercial reasons. I know an unfortunate 300HC user, who has been Begging for the ROM image on forums but to no avail, even though he has the right EPROM programmer and the know-how. Another luckier user had to send his 300HC almost across China to have his 300HC suffering ROM loss fixed."

well, i don't know what commercial reasons are there, but if someone is in dire need of such a rom and is willing to overlook those commercial reasons, i probably have a valid rom dump of the celux.
btw really strange story as to how i did the rom copying... at the moment the screen isn't working (waiting for repair) so i did everything only using keypresses on a japanese hpc2000 system (if it was english, it would've taken only 1 minute to do the dump) and had to use infrared for getting the rom files off the machine (whew, sending 32MB over infrared).
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9