x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

looking for USB cable for jornada 720

raven Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just recently purchased a jornada 720 which i am to receive this week. I am upgrading from a jornada 690. I need to know two things. First, is there much difference in the transfer speeds between the USB and Serial cable? Second, where can i ggt a USB cable, i searched but i cannot seem to find one.

P.S. If anyone wants to buy a Jornada 690 let me as i will be posting it on Ebay soon. E-mail me at raven63912@yahoo.com if you want more info.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 2:06 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

The transfer speed differences between serial and usb cables are substancial. Serial = 115kbits/sec, USB = 1.5 mbits/sec. That should be enough to go by. You won't want to connect via serial again, as usb is easier. As far as getting a usb cable, just go to a store and buy one. I got mine at Target. The cable goes into the dock, so size doesn't matter as much. The serial cable can go directly into the 720.

p.s. If you have an account take advantage of being able to use the email address in your profile. That way you will not get spam. Believe me it will happen. If you need to do it in a post then you should say something like raven63912 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Since your hour is not up, I would strongly recommend that you edit that from your post.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 2:47 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Time's up...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 10:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The USB 1.1 specification provides for a low of 1.2 mbps and a high of 12mbps. You are of course bus limited by the HPC itself and the fact that ActiveSync is usinf a serial driver to push the data down the cable.
As PS said, you are looking more at getting 1.5 mbps out of it at best.

You will need the cradle and any standard - high quality - USB 1.1 compatible A > B type cable.

You are welcome to publicise your eBay sale in the hpcBay forum. Please be sure to read through the rules before you post, otherwise it'll just be deleted.
 Top of the page
raven Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 11:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks for the info, i will look for the cable. also about the spam i am used to it, I get about 500 messages a day of spam.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9