x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Developing for this fine OS.

1 2 3
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 12:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes yes... This should be in the developers area. But because my question is highly related to Windows CE 1.0 I thought it would be a lot better if I posted here.

The title is a big of a giveaway...

Is there any way of making stand alone (within reason, I can do .dll files) applications for Windows CE 1.0? (and the real kick in the teeth) For free?

I'm not an experianced programmer but I do know BASIC quite well. i dont really care, I can learn the programming language.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 2:46 PM
#
great moment for your posting.
Ive posted a HOWTO on the developers area THIS WEEK.
 Top of the page
NeoStrider Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 2:47 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

sorry , it was me.
Indeed, Ive got Reversi , from SDK 2.0 examples running on my Cassiopeia A-11.
the only issue I must report is about "message boxes". you must add a resorce finding line. I got everything from japanese websites.
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 1:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Does this SDK work on Windows 95? I hope so.

Can you give me a link to the stuff I need to know?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 5:11 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Interested in your project, Telstar5 ... You may breathe new life into this OS...
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 12:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I hope so. Dont count on me to make all these programs or even start them. They are all concept and at the moment plans for the UI are being made. I still dont know how to use the SDK as I havent downloaded it. Anyway, I plan for these applications to hopefully arrive in the future:

Stereophobia - Pattern sequencing software for Windows CE 1.0. If I can learn to use the SDK that is. Hopeful features are
Drum machine
3 keyboard voices
Sampler for adding your own sounds

Of course you will need a Stereophobia Player in order to play the files which wont save as a .wav or anything else.
Like a MIDI file except you can only play them under CE 1.0.

Film Card - Store films on CompactFlash. Very simple concept. You make films like a .gif and then plays them except there is a soundtrack. Film Card movie maker included!!!! The way it works is like this, you get the info of the document you want to open and enter how many frames there are in that film. Then Film Card locates the soundtrack and loads it. Put simply, if I have a 10 frame animation I enter 10 in the frames box when I start Film Card and then the program would go along these lines:
DISPLAY 1.2bp
REFRESH
DISPLAY 2.2bp
ect....

Note: Not actual commands. Purely concept.

Virtual Internet - A little silly idea. Its a very simple game with lots of offline web pages with little graphics.

1990 - Type in a name of a film, band or person and then it will pull up any info about it. As long as what you typed in is relevant to the 90's. This release will be coming for all you BasiCE users out there pretty soon.

Glowsticks - Maybe, just maybe youre in a rave. So you need a glowstick and your finger aches from pressing the backlight button so much! so tap on this program and with luck will make the backlight go on and off on and off...
So you come out the rave and you need a taxi and you dont have a phone. Set it to send out morse code with light! on.. on on on... on off on... Totally useless. But still fun.

Macintosh - Little program. Very little program. So you want to make games on a Mac and then put them on a HPC? Great! This program is the runtime. I think this is the first Mac related program for the HPC. You can manually type up every command or download the Mac only game maker "SlaD" which stands for Small little application Development. This should go down well.

Sonic the fan game - This will take some time and will require Macintosh, Stereophobia and Film Card. Only if these three programs created can this game emerge.

I hope you like my plans for Windows CE. This should put some flavor into this OS.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 3:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is cool. I've had fleeting thoughts about getting a CE 1 device; this may raise my interest.
 Top of the page
-NeoStrider-
-NeoStrider- Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 3:42 PM
#
everything nice ,but Windows CE 1.0 is too simple for all those things
I Want to port a 3D game engine im running on linux, Windows desktop and BeOS. its a very minimalistic software, that generates polygons by itself.

the code is all encapsulated, so it depends little of the host os API. As Im using SDL, I want to port SDL to CE 1.0 and try a port of this software.

and the SDk requires NT
 Top of the page
#NeoStrider#
#NeoStrider# Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 3:45 PM
#
but I still want this OS to grow up
we CE1 users have too little softs available
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Windows CE 1.0? Simple? Yes. But a very simple pattern sequencer should work on CE 1.0.
Most of the ideas listed above will probably work in CE 1.0.
First of all, I must learn what the heck I'm going to be doing before I jump into a big program I wont know how to use.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 1:17 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

TelStar, I love your ideas I support you all of the way and I can maybe be a beta tester with my Velo 1...
CE Geek, if you want a cheap CE 1 device, get the Velo 1, but if you want an HPC with CF and PCMCIA, get the HP 300 or 320LX (ancestors to my 360LX )
 Top of the page
Telstar5 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 4:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I hope the Velo 1 is a MIPS device. I only have the SH3 processer and I dont want to buy/get another HPC. If I do make anything at all then it would only be garenteed to work on an SH3 platform. MIPS users wouldnt have much support...

Well considering the amount of time I spent working on the UI I decided that StereoPhobia will be shareware. There will be a free version but the full version costs £5.

I hope for a relese of Film Card in June. Only reason is that its one of the simplest programs to make!

One last thing, I think I will end up doing most of this in PocketC. If PocketC works then maybe - just maybe some of this cool stuff will be made and ready for testing by the end of next month! But StereoPhobia! will take alot of time.
Not to mention that I have to learn C. But I dont care about that, I want to make applications for these useless devices.... Toodles!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 7:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well kudos to you, I certainly didn't think I would ever see a CE 1 developer again.

If you want any testing done, let me know. I have SH3 1.0x devices.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 9:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i have two ce1 MIPS devices, so let me know too
(i can test on SH3 devices too if needed)

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-25 9:48 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 12:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

BTW, IIRC, the Velo 1 is a MIPS device.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 29