x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How about 240 x 240?

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 7:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I guess that is the newest resolution for many devices, and I guess SPB jumped on that bandwagon. Take a look at SBP Air Islands found here: http://www.spbairislands.com/download.php It comes in a variety of formats, and while I don't kow which versions of Windows CE it won't run on, I do know that it runs on my 900C without any hacking at all. I just downloaded the 240x240 pixel version and ran it!

A very attactive game that may be the greatest building and earning money type simulation I've seen yet.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2006-03-22 7:14 PM
 Top of the page Quote Reply
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey, this might be the start of something. Between winwatch and software houses doing 240x240 we might have many more programs available to us, which I'm all for. Darnit, it's ARM only. I shouldn't be surprised.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Everyone go buy a 900C!

Well, screen resolution has not been an issue for us WVGA people Funny tho, on other forums I've been suggesting WinWatch to square screen users (not a particularly welcome term eh). Now you are both benefitting from each other's software

Nice find Rich. But I must remind you that the iPAQ 65xx is the only 240x240 device that still runs CE4, and it's almost certain that any newer ones will run CE5, just like the Treo. Therefore 240x240 software for CE4 is pretty much a special version just for that device. You could even call this a lucky accident that HP decided to develop that iPAQ before WM5 was available
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 11:47 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Rich Hawley - 2006-03-22 6:09 PM

I guess that is the newest resolution for many devices, and I guess SPB jumped on that bandwagon. Take a look at SBP Air Islands found here: http://www.spbairislands.com/download.php It comes in a variety of formats, and while I don't kow which versions of Windows CE it won't run on, I do know that it runs on my 900C without any hacking at all. I just downloaded the 240x240 pixel version and ran it!

A very attactive game that may be the greatest building and earning money type simulation I've seen yet.

Rich

This is good news!

BTW - I have a review of this over on Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! ~ The Pocket PC side of me

http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/spb/airislands-1-0/default.asp

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Clinton, Terrific review.

I just read it. If you (or anyone) can convince me to buy a game that's a minor miracle.

Guess what I'll be buying from my software budget in the near future? Yep, Air Islands
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:08 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

wallythacker - 2006-03-22 11:03 PM

Clinton, Terrific review.

I just read it. If you (or anyone) can convince me to buy a game that's a minor miracle.

Guess what I'll be buying from my software budget in the near future? Yep, Air Islands

As you can probably guess - I get a lot of software to review and some of them are games. Right now, AirIslands is the only game I have installed on my x50v (WM5) and O2 Atom. I love that game - spend way to much time on it.
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:54 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I fear I'll do the same. OTOH, I won't be able to complain about being bored
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 30