x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The pets thread

1 2 3
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 7:25 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I don't think this has been covered. Other than hpcs, what do you have as pets? Post pics if you can. I can't right now but will.

Mouse, male, born 2001, 14 lbs, Norwegian Forest cat. Brainless

Ginger, female, born 2002, 6 lbs, Himalayan. Total lovebug

Stitch, female, born 2003, 16lbs, Maine Coon. Total cat's cat

Assorted gerbils. Holdover from my ex's daughter. They make great cat toys
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 7:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

just look at my signature. at the two (the third is just a generic pic i found somewhere)

i don't have any pets now... only had them... before they died

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-24 7:28 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 7:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh I'm so sorry. Are you going to get more?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 11:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Haven't had pets since I were' a nipper.
Too much responsibility, like having children. Hence why I'm sensible enough not to have any.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 11:39 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Lucky The Cat... became her wait service in October of last year....

Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 11:42 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Baby Pic

Now

My cat Nermal. I got him as a left-over from a mixed nest of cats, and he's my precious. He means so much to me, I used him for the whole look of DVD Catalyst.
I brought him with me when I moved overseas 5 years ago. He's 6 now.
He's an inside cat, but still has his claws, and I keep getting nice scratches on my arms to remind me of him having them. He's a very loving cat, and is always around me, either asleep or anoying me till I get him food.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 11:44 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2006-03-24 10:28 AM

Haven't had pets since I were' a nipper.
Too much responsibility, like having children. Hence why I'm sensible enough not to have any.

Uh.... you have a pet Catherine....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 12:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

All hail Nermal!

Uh.... you have a pet Catherine....
True! True! A Catherine is the ultimate in Cat-like demeanour, living in hedonistic fortitude. Cat's only want you when they want feeding, Catherines only want you when they're bored, want to whinge or make marriage proposals (rofl ). The rest of the time, they're off pestering el parentis.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

OMG, Nermal is adorable as a kitten.

Here's a picture of my female named Stitch (from the movie Lilo & Stitch. The name is because she gets into everything being extremely curious and she is *full* of mischief.) She babysits the gerbils and hamsters. When they escape she finds them for me.

She walked up my driveway 2 years ago (as a stray kitten) and it was love at first sight for both of us. She's the boss of my other 2 cats and I hesitate to add, my favorite.

The gray cat is Ginger. (I didn't name her). She's another stray who walked into my life in 2002. Her nick is "itty-bitty" because she's so small (6 lbs.)

When you least expect it she leaps from the floor into your arms. The she wants to be carried around like an infant. My other two cats parent her.

At bedtime she crawls under the covers with me, stretches out and puts her head on the pillow. She's spoiled rotten.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-03-24 12:56 PM
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 12:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, he was 6 weeks in that pic, and that was the first day I had him in my own place. He did had some issues with the litterbox for a while, but then I figured out he is just picky and needed one for doing no1, and another for doing no2. Since then he's been doing ok. Stitch is adorable as well, and reminds me of a stray cat I had here for a while.
Untill 2 years ago, I did my work in my shed, and a stray cat appeared, so I just took care of her. With the animals in the house, I couldnt let her in, but I did do my best to keep her cozy.
When winter was about to hit, I brought her to the vets office to have them find a new owner for her, and one of the people there fell in love with her, and has her now. Every now and then when I'm there, I ask about her, and she's doing fine. She looks exacly like Stitch, except a different facial expression.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 1:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Don't have any pets of my own; they'd never get the attention they need cuz I'm always so busy. (My sister has a dog, at least three cats, a cockatiel, and my nephew's cobra. They all get along famously.)

cmonex: I remember you mentioning in another thread that your cats are no longer with us. I was (and am) sorry to hear that. I can see from the signature image that they were really cute.

Hey, Yoldering, can we see your dog?
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 1:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've had a fair amount of pets of various species. Right now I have 3 cats.

Current:
Tib - Cat, Male, ~5 years, Common Tabby, declawed and fixed, friendly and playful and is desensitized to cradling (think: baby), adopted as a newborn kitten
Angel - Cat, Female, ~5 years, Calico, declawed and fixed, hates me with a passion, hates Trinity (other cat) with a passion, likes other people, adopted from a friend at ~3 years
Trinity - Cat, Female, Age unknown - between 9 and 12 years, Mackerel Tiger-stripe, declawed and fixed, very passive but friendly, hates Angel with a passion, loves me to death, often sits on top of my monitor while I'm on the computer, adopted as a stray

Past:
Raisin - Cat, Male, Died at 10 years, Chocolate Siamese, very friendly, often slept not only in your bed, but right on top of you.
Dudley - Cat, Male, Died at 8 years, Ice Tabby, typical cat behaviour, took a shine to me when my father left the household
Various fish
Several guinea pigs
One rabbit
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

can we draw a relation here from the posts we got so far?
HPC owners usually have cats?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 1:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm drawing a similay stereotype here too my friend :laughs:

C:Amie - Pleased to be different
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 2:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I was going to post the same observation. So far cats are the majority.

Another observation: If my cats like you we'll be great friends.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 17 - Executed queries : 68