x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New JLime Site (JLime.com -> JLime.org)

Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 2:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Greetings,

Due to me loosing the domain to a domainshark, I've registerd www.jlime.org.

I hope to have the site back up within a couple of days. The feed will most likely be online quicker. Will update this thread until i get the forum back.

Best wishes
Kristoffer
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 2:30 PM
#
If you want i can temporairly host the forum on my website but I cant host the feed due to bandwidth issues. I could also temporailrly host the kernel and userland until the sites back as well (they're not too big).

Trouble here is that you've lost all those incoming links, a bit of a problem. Have you tried complaining to your domain name company - they may be able to get it back (you can in the UK).
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 2:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Im hoping to have it online tonight, will contact my domain company about it, but dont think they will do much.
Currently im making a fresh backup, and will then begin to upload everything to the new site. I will probobly begin with the forum.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 2:39 PM
#
Doesnt it take at least 24 hours for DNS changes to go through?

Good luck anyhow...
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 3:49 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Greetings,

At worst case scenario it takes 24H, but often it comes alot quicker.
Oki, got forum back online at http://jlime.org/phpBB2/index.php

Will checkout Drupal now.

Edited by Kristoffer 2006-03-26 3:50 PM
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 3:55 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Downloads is back now.
At http://jlime.org/files/downloads/Releases/

To be able to use feed, set your ipkg.conf to
http://jlime.org/files/downloads/Releases/donkey/feed/6xx/

Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:18 PM
#
That buggy setup file is in the CFIMAGES folder. Can you delete it (its quite a bad bug in that version). I'm still getting the not-found message - DNS hasnt got as far as me yet.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:43 PM
#
Hi Kris,

The "Download Root" and "Community Forum" links still point to the ".com" version, but everything else seems to be working okay.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:54 PM
#
Yeah, was glad that everything seems to work. The reason why the file menu doesnt work correctly is because it lacks a module. The drupal site is upgrading at the moment so cant access it.

I've written a letter to my domain supplier and asked why I wasnt informed (or billed) when the domain was about to cease.

/Kristoffer
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 1:33 PM
#
The whois is now saying its yours again until 2007 - does this mean you've got it back?
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 3:27 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yeah

Looks like they used wrong email to send me bills (info@jlime.com???) and after it expired they put it in one of their domain-carriers. Got it fixed today, so its registerd for atleast another year (and have changed the email so should get the bill this time).

I've bought phpnuke because i was dead tired of drupal. When i upgraded drupal last night (on jlime.org) I got rid of some bugs, but got a whole set of new ones. So i decided to drop it and get something else. Will see if phpnuke works any better.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 3:47 PM
#
Seeing as how you've got both now - what are you going to do with them?

How about:
Jlime.com - main site + downloads
Jlime.org - development center?

Congratulations on getting it back - it goes to show, you can ask and things are often fixed.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 6:39 PM
#
Yeah, havent decided on what to do with jlime.org, And i payd it for 2 years.

the new jlime.com site is up, using a different webpage handler. Its alot easier and buggfree.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9