x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: NuShield Screen Protectors

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 6:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-03-28 10:54 PM

Are the 911 keyboard protectors adhesive? The site didn't specify...

the edges of them are adhesive so that they won't come off the hpc, but where the keys are the protector isn't adhesive at all.
however it really felt like applying a standard adhesive screen protector because of the damn air. with the sigmarion 3 i had to try twice before i got it right because i constantly had to push the air out from between the protector and the keyboard... but got it right in the end strangely i was more successful at first try with the first protector, on the intermec 6651.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 8:43 PM
#
So, do the protectors(in your opinion) feel strange when using them? Does it hinder the ability to type at all? And, do they make it look ugly?

I'm just wondering if it is worth it to protect the keyboard if there are any disadvantages.

EDIT: Oh! Also does it make it more difficult to read the letters on the keys?

Edited by CardBoardCrusader 2006-03-28 8:45 PM
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-31 6:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

CBC, I can't see it hampering a MP too much as the keys are big to start with. I do wonder how a 720 will feel afterwards starting with such tiny keys.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-31 9:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-03-29 2:43 AM

So, do the protectors(in your opinion) feel strange when using them? Does it hinder the ability to type at all? And, do they make it look ugly?

I'm just wondering if it is worth it to protect the keyboard if there are any disadvantages.

EDIT: Oh! Also does it make it more difficult to read the letters on the keys?

no, they don't feel strange, if you apply the protector properly (no air staying inside etc), no problem with typing. but if you don't do it right you'll have problems.
it looks nice on the intermec, the adhesive on the silver can't be seen, however sig3 is a different case, it does show on the black of the sigmarion but it isn't too bad, certainly worth it for me. before the protector i always had to clean the keyboard after a while, it tended to collect dust and every little stuff.. it may have been so because i use it virtually everywhere but the jornadas seem to be ok without a protector, even though i do take them everywhere too, won't buy one for them now (no money, no need)

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-31 9:25 AM
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 2:52 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Any news on discounts for hpcfactor members or quantity buyers?
cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 8:35 AM
#
Received screen protectors for Jornada 720 today. Pros -- clear, surface feels pretty good under the stylus, installation not too difficult. Cons -- came with no blue backing as in the review, merely cut plastic which I had to clean with lens cleaner and chamois. Surfaces were scarred/lightly scratched - more than I would have liked or expected but is invisible for the most part (though not as clean as my original screen surface). One of the three had an indentation which will show up when placed. However, certainly beats the traditional styles which I haven't used because of air bubbles and general aesthetics but the quality of the received product could have been higher. Only day 1, so will see how it works over time.

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 9:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry to hear you received them in such a condition. i never saw the blue thing myself but at least the protectors were OK
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 10:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

It sounds like you got used product. I think I'd be complaining.
cmetz
cmetz Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 1:52 PM
#
Update - Had sent the post to the folks at NuShield along with fairly positive feedback because I hoped to see a product for the Jornada that I liked since I've never cared for the stick-on types of protectors - bubbles, etc. Anyway, they sent a gracious reply back offering to replace the damaged film, etc. - and had I removed the clear mask? The review didn't mention a clear mask to my recollection, just a blue, and the mask was attached so seamlessly to the protector that it appeared one piece - so kind of felt like, ok, duh, I should have thought of that In any event, all blemishes were to the surface film, the protector is flawless and we'll see how it flies. Still good stylus response and now it looks good too. Told them I'd post an update to the forum so here tis. Nice folks.
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 10:16 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol, ya, only a blue film was mentioned. Oh well, another lesson learned for everyone.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-04-08 5:11 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hmm, so they used clear film on the Jornada version instead of blue? That's interesting
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-08 6:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes clear film, thats what i got with the nushield screen protectors (ordered them for a friend, should get some for myself too). actually i think the blue version is interesting, not the clear, they are usually clear, i've never seen a blue one, neither nushield nor other kinds of screen protectors
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-08 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Has anyone asked about a discount for bulk purchases?
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-04-08 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Actually both clear and blue skins are common in many products, usually protecting some smooth and scratchable surfaces like metallic plates or glass etc. A few months ago we got a brand new fridge with a metallic (stainless steel?) surface on the doors. The whole surface on each door was completely covered in thick blue skin. It took some effort to peel it all off On the other hand, IIRC the Jornada 728 had a clear skin covering the blue metallic strip on the lid

Since I'm posting, might as well report a little thing: I found that you can trap dust under the NuShield protector. One day I saw a white dot on the screen and I could feel a little bump, so I thought something was stuck on the screen protector. I tried to wipe it off but of course that didn't work - because it wasn't on the protector, but under it. It took me a while but I finally realized that. So just peeled the protector a little and blew away the dust. I don't know how it happened, but the dust somehow found its way in there. It was easy enough to clean off, and never happened again.
mikey pizano Page Icon Posted 2006-04-12 11:32 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i got my hpc on saturday, ordered a set of 3 nusheilds for my nmobilepro 780 on sunday, when will they come? im hoping today, im in visual basic class right now and i hate using my hpc naked like this
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 27