x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Neta 980 and Simpad Linux

mikegrimsley76 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 11:25 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've been researching HPC linux distros for the past few days and I've noticed that there are similarities between the Simpad and the Neta 980. Same processor and display driver. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could get me a kernel file in .gz format. The Neta/Viewpad/Airpanel will not load the .bin files. I presently do not have any way to create a linux kernel as my linux box is dead at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help that may be provided
 Top of the page
toganet Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'd be interested in this, too. I got the NETA 980 with the intention of running linux, but I haven't had time to start working on it.

If you've got a config file for the kernel, I could cross-compile it on my linux box, though you may have to answer a stupid question or two.

For instance, do you know how to get the NETA to load a kernel? I am in the dark on how the bootloader works, and when I updated mine to the viewpad image, the bootloader changed, too. This makes me wary to re-write certain areas of the flash -- unless there is a USB recovery method or something.
 Top of the page
mikegrimsley76 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 4:47 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm not sure about the boot loader. There is an app for Jornadas and some ipaqs that will boot linux from CE. I have a copy of that app if you would like it. I can start to boot the Jornada linux kernel with this app but there are no video drivers for the Neta in the kernel.

Top of the page
toganet Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah, if you could send me that app, I could test various kernel formats.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 11:21 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think this thread belongs to the linux section
 Top of the page
toganet Page Icon Posted 2006-07-28 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anybody still interested in this? I have some free time now that I finished my master's, and I'd like to start this up again. Rather than re-invent the wheel, if anyone has made any progress, please let me know.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10