x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Free streaming radio stations

1 2
cortezrob
cortezrob Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 11:01 PM
#
hi to all!
I am playing radio and a little qty of TV with wmp71 in jornada 720.
If anyone is interesting in it, please email me
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 3:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

David G - 2006-04-24 11:08 AM
To play music:

Find a station you like using your PC (or Handheld). Right hand click on the link to save it. Give it a good name like: HotRock128.pls (The 128 is the bitrate - the default name is "shoutcast-playlist.pls".) Copy the file to your handheld and your should be good to go.

(Note: You can do all of this from your handheld - the shoutcast site is difficult to load on most handhelds.)

From GSPlayer open one of your save *.pls files to select a station. If the station is up and your WIFI is hot, get ready for some music!

DG

It never occurred to me that you have to change the file extension. (Now I'm starting to comprehend Jake's earlier explanation.) Okay, download music, take two . . . .
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 10:28 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Actually, if you only wanted to listen to one particular station, you wouldn't have to rename the file. But trying to download two stations would result in the overwriting of the first.

I fear I have not been clear--we're not talking about downloading music, we're simply downloading the url to a radio station that is broadcasting on-line. When you do download a *.pls file, open it up with PocketWord and you'll see that it's simply an address.

Sorry to have confused you,
Jake
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 12:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

GsPlayer has Favorites.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 2:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2006-04-25 7:28 AM

Actually, if you only wanted to listen to one particular station, you wouldn't have to rename the file. But trying to download two stations would result in the overwriting of the first.

I fear I have not been clear--we're not talking about downloading music, we're simply downloading the url to a radio station that is broadcasting on-line. When you do download a *.pls file, open it up with PocketWord and you'll see that it's simply an address.

Sorry to have confused you,
Jake

I think I'm getting the idea now. But the File Download dialog box doesn't show anything after the dot in the filename (ie, no file extension letters), and I can't find it at all on the H/PC after clicking Save. Which folder should I be saving it to?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

All right, let's solve this thing. First off, what are machine are you working with (especially the OS. Do you have an HPC 2000 machine you can try?) Then tell me the download for radio4pda that isn't working for you, and I'll try to replicate your error.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

One thing it might be is a file association matter, though that wouldn't account for the file missing altogether.

If you have a working GSPlayer, then SmallTweak the file association for *.pls to GSPlayer. Should do that anyway just for the convenience.

Jake
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-11-04 11:46 AM
#
Anyone can try this?
mms://media.brturbo.com.br/scc.wmv
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 5:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

* bump

nope the HPC2000 isn't compatible.

takwu - 2006-04-23 11:19 PM

Wow nice link! Thanks mscdex.

It surely works for CE.net devices (all my current CE devices have some version of .net as of now, except the Casio) because it comes with WMP9 or later. I just tried the streams now on the Nexio and it worked flawlessly.

For other versions I am not sure. IIRC the WMP 1.2 for HPC does not do streams. Perhaps you can try to install WMP 7.1 that can be downloaded from Microsoft. It's for PPC but I heard that it worked on HPC2000.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-24 7:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Here's another one that works (CE4): http://www.txradica.net/tune.php?c=crush&.wvx
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2007-02-25 10:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2007-02-24 7:41 PM

Here's another one that works (CE4): http://www.txradica.net/tune.php?c=crush&.wvx

Hey, didn't you just break the "don't dig up old posts" rule?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 12:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Where's my wet noodle?
 Top of the page
nicmalone Page Icon Posted 2020-05-03 10:53 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Totally breaking the “don’t dig up old posts rule here (13 years later), but Here’s my recently discovered trick for listening to UK radio stations on a HPC2000 machine - for the 6 British people on this forum ;-) or any Anglophile radio listeners. It should work for stations from other countries too but I was focussed on the BBC stations.

First you have to try and stream the station url* using the GSplayer app on the J720. Some might work but the BBC ones don’t (wrong format or lack of correct codec, I know not) but you save them as a playlist anyway. GSplayer saves playlists as m3u files. CoreMedia Player can play m3u playlists and plays the GSPlayer-saved BBC Radio 4 and Radio 2 m3u playlists (though I had to use the high bit rate option url for R2, oddly). Classic FM and Jazz FM also work.

Radio 4fm
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_p

Radio 2
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/...

*All streaming url info from:
https://garfnet.org.uk/cms/tables/radio-frequencies/internet-radio-p...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2020-05-03 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Nice find. I listen to BBC every morning here in the States--it's the only time I can hear about anything happening outside the US

Jake
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.210 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11