x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobile Quizinator

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 6:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Finally, a simple to use, yet powerful flashcard study program for the HPC - Mobile Quizinator.

Check it out here: http://quizinator.buschtrommel.net/index-en.php

Simply create your own study file to quiz yourself or kids on. Then load it up into Quizinator and you can study the flashcards sequentially, or randomize their order.

The quiz file can be created with any text editor that saves the file in .txt format...which is nearly everything.

Sample test file:

How many planets are there?
9, or nine
How many moons does Mars have?
How can you remember the order of the planets?
My very eager mother just sold us nine pizzas

The software uses EWE, a Java VM type applet. Go to the website to find download links and the software.

Rich
 Top of the page Quote Reply
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 6:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Interesting program, I may have to try it on my HPC, or if if is not compatible, then my Piddle PC... And your name is mentioned :)
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 10:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are older flashcard simulators for Pocket PC (like Pocket Flash Cards) and for H/PC (like Z-Flash), but this one looks particularly cool because it also appears to support HTML format. (And, at $5, the price is pretty hard to beat.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-04-06 10:58 PM
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-04-07 7:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yes you are correct CE Geek. But at $5 it is hard to beat. Plus how many other people are still developing HPC applications? I personally encourage every student to give up a couple of sodas and small bag of chips and buy the software just to show support.

For students, this type of program works two-fold. First you reexamine the information as you write your test, and then you can evaluate your knowledge as you take it, seeing those areas where your are proficient and those areas that need further study.

I like the idea that you can use your PocketWord or Wordpad program to create quizzes no matter where you are. Imagine that you are a college student with an hour between classes. You create a simple study quiz for next weeks test and infrared beam it to another student who has done the same thing on his pocketpc. Now combine the two files using your text editor. You both come out ahead. Much better than just reading over notes I would think.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Mobile-Quizinator v1.0 was recently given a minor update (as of April 9th) and the newest version was added to the developers website.

Find software here: Link

Minor Changes are as follows:

- Fixed: the Loading Quiz issue - the software no longer needs to be restarted everytime a new quiz is loaded!
- Added: Option for use of larger font size.
- Added: A no border option, which allows for Quizinator to 'fit to screen' better - without having to hide the task bar.

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 3:41 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I just realized I have a use for this program. Thanks John for pointing it out!
chasmanor
chasmanor Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 10:38 AM
#
John,

When you click the purchase link it brings up another game. If you search ClickGamer there is no Quizinator found. Any ideas?
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 11:54 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

chasmanor - 2006-04-11 10:38 AM

John,

When you click the purchase link it brings up another game. If you search ClickGamer there is no Quizinator found. Any ideas?

chasmanor

Email Rainer Herrler and let him know what is going on....he is very good about answering his email.
BTW - When I registered Mobile Sudoku, I just sent him $10 by mail (took about a week to get to him) and he sent me the registration ID by email. I'm not suggesting you should do this, but it is an option.
chasmanor
chasmanor Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 12:30 PM
#
John,

Will do that. Thanks

I bought Mobile Sudoku through ClickGamer. Does he get less that way?

Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 2:03 PM
#
chasmanor - 2006-04-11 12:30 PM

John,

Will do that. Thanks

I bought Mobile Sudoku through ClickGamer. Does he get less that way?

Not sure what the deal is when using Clickgamer.........I just didn't want to use my credit card to charge something worth $10 bucks and Rainer seems like an honest guy - so I took a chance and sent him cash. Worked out ok for me, but everyone has to decide for themselves, what's best for them.
chasmanor
chasmanor Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 5:24 PM
#
John,

Took your advice and e-mailed Ranier and he has fixed the link. He even sent me the key in advance so I wouldn't have to wait to use it. That's pretty amazing, huh?

Went to the site and ordered.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-12 7:55 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

chasmanor - 2006-04-11 5:24 PM

John,

Took your advice and e-mailed Ranier and he has fixed the link. He even sent me the key in advance so I wouldn't have to wait to use it. That's pretty amazing, huh?

Yeah - He is a first class guy....... he certainly deserves our support, whenever possible!
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

chasmanor - 2006-04-11 5:24 PM

John,

chasmanor

Rainer - keeps tweeking Quizinator (just released v1.1) - added split screen option (but it is still a work in progress).
If you have any suggestions of things you would like implimented, this would be a good time to drop him an email.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10