x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PocketPuTTY and IR connection

[Frozen]
Frozen
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 7:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi All,

I use PocketPuTTY to telnet into my mailserver, and this works fine over a wireless connection. Yet when I connect through my cell phone using IR, it gives a Fatal Application Error. This error happens when it doesn't see the network connection... does anyone have any ideas how to get it to work?
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 7:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Could you explain what steps have you made to run pocketPutty at HPC 2000 ?
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

My problem solved !

Tip for others: use pocketPutty for wm2002 and copy aygshell.dll and iphlpapi.dll
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-19 7:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Good to know. I think the version I have just works natively w/HPC2000. I forget exactly where I got it. I wonder if the wm2002 version is more advanced...

Anyone have any clues on why it won't work when connected to the net through IR?

Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

My configuration works with gprs over IR from mobile phone. Still I don't have right solution for byte counter and gprs under netbsd
 Top of the page
tlp
tlp Page Icon Posted 2006-06-11 10:06 PM
#
Would you mind providing the version you have? I'd like to give it a try on my Jornada 720.

Thanks.

Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-06-12 7:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Grab all files using ftp client(not browser) from ftp.netbsd.pl/pub/NetBSD/misc/lama/pocketputty/

Top of the page
tlp
tlp Page Icon Posted 2006-06-12 8:59 PM
#
Wow, it worked! Thanks! Where did you get this particular version? The version I tried (URL below) would hang my system upon accepting the SSH certificate.

http://www.pocketputty.net/files/PocketPuTTY-v0.2-apha-ppc2002-0.53b.zip

Top of the page
tlp
tlp Page Icon Posted 2006-06-12 9:04 PM
#
Actually, I think it may be your version of aygshell that allows it to work. I just tried my version of the DLL and the same thing occurred with the binary you supplied.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-06-12 11:58 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I downloaded and installed the latest build of pocketputty from here:

http://pocketputty.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40

on my Netbook Pro. It runs fine, but when I try to connect to my server I get a login, but as soon as I hit enter I get a "no supported authentication methods supported" message. It would be really nice to have another alternative for a ssh client on the HPC, as our options are pretty limited atm.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-06-13 12:12 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Never mind. I am an idiot. I just hadn't configured sshd on the server yet to accept password based authentication yet. Pocketputty is working fine, the problem as usual is between the chair and the keyboard.
 Top of the page
SpikeFiend Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Has anyone managed to get PocketPutty woking reliably on a J720 yet? I've tried using the version of pocketputty and dlls from here:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.pl/pub/NetBSD/misc/lama/pocketputty/

but still get the "Fatal Error" message. Even using the link tlp posted in the PocketPutty forum didn't work for me.

http://www.lickwid.net/~tlp/j720/WinCE/dlls/

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 8:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

For me it works perfect. Crashes only when there is no connection to ssh server for example:

- some dns problems
- typo error
- not working internet connection
- anything else that can block ssh connection (firewall ?)

Besides this obvoius situation works all the time without any problems.
 Top of the page
SpikeFiend Page Icon Posted 2006-06-24 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ah, I've managed to get it going now...I was just being an idiot [ahem]

It did manage to hang up on closing though. Required a soft reset to get things going, is this normal? Otherwise very sweet, makes my Jornada vastly more useful!

I can't believe it took me so long to find this site (hpcfactor), it's really helpful.
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-06-24 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can close pocketPutty by "button" Close from menu Tools and then confirming OK from pouping dialog window. Also by alt+touch on program task bar and selecting Close.

Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.195 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12