x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CastCE (Atari ST emulator) finaly on HPC

luthor_70 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
since a couple of days I have been playing with Castce source code in hope to make this excelent emulator working on my Jornada 720. I am not (and far to be) a programming genius so it is not fully working like the PPC version. There is no sound, there is no way to control the mouse (except for the right and left buttons) and there are some bugs or weird things here and there. But a lot of games are fully working, and the speed is quite good.
This was made from CastCE version 1.01 wich is the only source code available on the net. I tryed to email the author for the last one but I haven't got any response yet.
Gapi must be installed and Nyditot set in portrait mode (or it won't work).
Here are the only keys that will do something :
Direction keys for the joystick
C key for the fire button of the joystick
Space key for the space key
Esc key to stop the emulation and return to the menu
1,2 and 3 keys affected to the same keys on the ST (in order to make games launching from automation menus)
O and P keys are for the mouse buttons.
I know that's far from every keys you can find on the real machine, but finding the good scancode keys with the source and the emu is a real pain. (and as I said I am far far far to be a great coder).
So if you want to give it a try, I attached the main exe to this post. Just install the PPC version and replace the exe by this one.

Alex
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-05-31 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Someone can see what is wrong with the attachment system of our community, because I need to download this.
 Top of the page
AKG Page Icon Posted 2010-06-19 3:39 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Cool! Atari ST is the first computer with built-in MIDI ports
I bought Cubase and Atari ST almost 18 years ago
Can someone tell me if any MIDI interface available for CE?
 Top of the page
alexpda77 Page Icon Posted 2022-04-09 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

That is pretty amazing ! I just subscribed the forum because I decided to get another Jornada, 15 years after I sold my previous one.
And I was looking to make CastCE working with it, so I made a search on the forum. And this thread appeared.

And guess what ?!? I am the OP, I used to use the name luthor_70 nearly everywhere before and of course my name is Alex.
What is even more crazy, I don't even have the slightest memory that I did that 15 years ago, nor that I subscribed the forum.

So I'd like to thank my old self to make this possible
Life can be crazy sometimes. Sadly my programming skills haven't improve, but if I did it 15 years ago, I may give it another look when I have time.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 13