x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linux IRDA HP 720 Troubles

weblacky Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 3:02 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi all!

I'm having a really werid IR problem on my Jornada 720.

I do:

modprobe sa1100_ir
irattach irda0 -s

An the /var/log/syslog the irLap claims that the hardware is too slow to respond and gives a lot of MEDIA_BUSY_TIMER_EXPIRED messages. I tried setting the slot_timeout to a bigger value but that did not make any difference. the IRDA modules are in the kernel and running. Has anybody been able to use the IR port under Linux? if so what commands are you using?

FYI on the serial port thing I'm seeing something similar...I cannot really confirm the serial ports actually work... I was trying PPPD and I kept getting werid errors so the serial ports might not actually be supported?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 10:39 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Great, so IR and serial are having problems now? Argh.

When I have time, I will do testing. When the team has time, we will fix it.
 Top of the page
weblacky Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 3:17 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have seen a referrence to using ttySA0 on lowlevel's site. I tried the instructions but have yet to have any success with serial PPP. However from what I can see the IR does not register as a serial device....period. It is some kind of irda module symbol export stacker (dependent). When you load sa1100_ir it loads the irda stack and then the instructions I have seen claim you have to reference irda0 instead of the serial line (which would normally be the base of the IR port). Which to me means it simply stacks on the irda port and uses the exported functions directly...the IR code is not really commented and is very hard to follow (as he does a lot of kernel dev struct alterations and little of anything else).

I would settle for just serial. The instructions (for serial) I speak of are here: sa1100 instructionshere:

Again I need either port...I would like both :-) but only one is needed...which one can I get to work faster?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-05-04 1:21 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Last time I checked, they both max out at the same speed. Irda might be about 4kb/sec faster. (It goes 119, right? I can't remember)

The second Michael has some free time, I will ask him about the problem. Of course, I will see if it is just a configuration error first. But the team has discussed it a tiny bit, and it looks like a kernel problem.

Yeah, our goal would definitely be to get both working. I see good use in both, depending on the situation. I might even be crazy enough to try printing through one of those. (I have some access to an irda printer)

EDIT: If I remember correctly, I also heard of some weird speed limit on irda. But maybe that was for the psion. After trying to find solutions from other platforms, I mix things up. Anyways, post any progress you may have.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2006-05-04 1:24 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27