x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

X on 720 Degrees Linux

Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I noticed that a X server has been added to the repository for 720 Degrees Linux. The server is named xserver-kdrive-fbdev. I am trying to install it, but am not having any luck. I tried apt-get install xserver-kdrive-fbdev, but I am getting a package not found error. Is this package listed under a different name or something?

Can anyone make a recommendation of a good, lightweight windows manager to use in conjunction with the xserver? I have a 728 rom in my 720, so I have a bit more ram to play with, but something lightweight would be good.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 10:37 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Check your settings? Use aptitude?

Lightweight window managers? Google....I will only name fluxbox and windowmaker here. They all work, but you might want to install older versions for more speed. Yeah, that means potato.
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 2:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

May be there is a mistake in your sources.list in relation to stevenwiki.homedns.org?
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 4:32 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It is definitely listed in the sources.list and apt-get update is fetching the package list. I was able to install xtscal and ipkg, which I presume is coming from that repository. It is only the xserver that I cannot fetch. Can anyone else confirm being able to install the xserver?
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 8:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

Yes I was able to install xserver using apt-get.

oski
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 11:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Did you simply type apt-get install xserver-kdrive-fbdev? I did do an apt-get update first and it appeared to get a package list first. I am really unsure what the problem is at this point. Is there an easy way to get a list of packages from a specific repository? I am kinda unsure of how to proceed from this point from a diagnostic standpoint. I am really only familiar with APT as a normal end user.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 8:24 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Just download the deb from the repository, and see what is inside. I have no idea if it is my new kdrive or not (probably not), so I do not have as much control over the situation. But my guess is that the xserver on that one is either named X, or Xfbdev.

Sorry about the issue, it will be fixed when snicker has time.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 30