x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Half Success for 3com Bluetooth

1 2
TungstenC Page Icon Posted 2006-04-30 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

Just for reporting my half success for setting up my 3com Bluetooth pc card on my Jornada 710.

The original package from 3com can be found here :
3com Downloads

The package canot be installed by default. I repackaged th efile then after a short installatio, Applications and drivers were ready to run.

The card has been accepted by the system (green light on side).

but a big problem remain, Bluetooth application Manager cannot be run. A error occured :

Program : btcmce.exe
Exception : 0xc0000005
Address : 00ccf2ac

ExecutableCheck doesn't find any dll errors, but I suspect a v.4 application...

Does Someone can help me to find the way to run the BT manager ?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-30 4:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks for reporting, interesting. I wonder what chipset the device is using.

The Exception error is telling you that you have had a memory address violation. Having presumably installed the PPC2000 / 2002 binary, it's unlikely to be a ARM4 .exe. The CAB lable is also 2577 - ARM3.

The .exe is a MFC application, so you will need to have a PPC stub file on the H/PC in order for it to work. Have you tried that already? If not find a post by CmoneX and click her www link. You'll find the stubs there. We can't do anything with them for legal reasons. In fact, I shouldn't really be having this conversation :whistle:
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 3:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah i wouldve sworn it is an mfc issue seeing this error. (ok it is not always mfc but usually...)

if it were a v4, it would not even install and run!

hexedit all the executables (exe, dll) for your bt application to call mfcce301. (4 instances of it in the executables) and use arm.zip/hexedited/mfcce301.dll from my site
 Top of the page
TungstenC Page Icon Posted 2006-05-10 5:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, After a short fight with dll, I manage to run 3com Bluetooth Manager on my Jornada 710. But When I try to find BT devices ( Phone or Computer), I get nothing...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-10 7:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you're sure the other bluetooth devices are set to discoverable?

alternatively try to initiate the search from the pc or the phone.
 Top of the page
TungstenC Page Icon Posted 2006-05-11 9:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Tricky, but the creation of a empty file named inqlist.xt in the 3com folder resolve the discovery trouble...Strange...
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-07-07 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

TungstenC have you tried gprs/edge or umts connection through this card and mobile phone? How stable is this card under HPC 2000 with dll hacks? Do you have any other comments about it?

Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-07-07 7:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

And one more question, how have you "repackaged" cab I can't install it
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-07-10 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Looks TungstenC is offline Could anyone else point me for some documentation about CABs or tools that TungstenC could use for repackaging this CAB. I can't install driver and tools for this bluetooth using ActiveSync/CAB.
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-07-10 9:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok I got it now - It wasn't very hard after finding right tool (WinCE CAB Manager). For me it looks there is a bug in this cab file. I will put it somewhere later.
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 7:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I 've got the card but unfortunetly this driver doesnt work for me. I was able to install it after deleting setup.dll (yes I know it's not right way), I've fixed dll issues but still can't get it working under hpc 2000. Card is not recognized, Jornada asks about driver name, but even then it doesn't start driver. BT manager says "Unable to initialize Bluetooth. Please verify Bluetooth card is inserted and try again". Card is fine, works under windows 2000.

There is also newer driver for 6096-B version of this card (mine is -A)
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/result.jsp?selected=all&sort=effdt&sku=3CRWB6096B&order=desc

Looks similiar and from its files I'm sure it's for both versions -B and -A. The differences are some registry entries and additional driver dll for -B card (bt3cp30.dll for -B and same as in older driver bt3cpcc.dll for -A). One interesting thing is that newer driver doesn't ask about card name, but still card isn't initialized.

I know it's bit boring to read my post about this card but if anyone could point me some others things I should check before giving up I would be very happy.NetBSD current got drivers for this card and of course BT stack. There are still some issues at hpcarm but it should work there soon. I'm not linux guy, but I'm almost 100% sure it works there too. So it would be the best BT card for Jornada if only could work under wince.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 8:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you shouldn't have deleted setup.dll if it contained registry entries. this may be why it won't start.. you should check if the registry entries are placed in your registry (if you look into the cab you'll see them).
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes I know that deleting setup.dll wasn't best idea but it's the only way I can install this cab. Some registry entries are installed, of course there might be some missing entries in setup.dll. Setup.dll doesn't have any dll or version issues, really hard to tell why it fails to install this cab.

Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Works now !!!

I'm sure there aren't many people interested in this thread, but I've prepared .cab. Anyone interested now or in future please email or "PM" me.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

can you tell us how you did this?
i could host the cab.. you can send it to contactchab (at) freemail.hu, thanks
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10