x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Microsoft Entertainment Pack for Windows CE 2.0

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 10:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We are beginning to get a little worried about John Ottini. His last few reviews have be orientated... how shall we say... towards the recreational side of H/PCing.
While John's prolific gaming addiction may be unproductive for his day-job, it certainly is to our benefit. Once again John has pulled up from the dusty path another gem of the H/PC gaming world, and we present to you today: Microsoft's Entertainment Pack 2.0 for Windows CE.

Read the review and have your say here on the forums.

Review: Entertainment Pack for Windows CE 2.0
 Top of the page Quote Reply
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ironically, I signed on to announce my purchase of this software over the weekend via ebay. This was discussed recently in Where to get MS Entertainment Pack 2.0 for HPC's? I paid a mere $0.99+$3.99S/H for a used copy. I received shipping confirmation this morning and I'm looking forward to continuing to test my Freecell prowess on my HPC. :+)
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Chris

Wow - That Review introduction graphic on the front page of the website is simply awesome....one of your best yet. Thanks for making me look good.

Fear not - although I've been feeling a bit game _y lately......the stuffy and more serious side of me will emerge once again in the up coming reviews.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 12:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

KBoyKool - 2006-05-01 11:51 AM

Ironically, I signed on to announce my purchase of this software over the weekend via ebay. This was discussed recently in Where to get MS Entertainment Pack 2.0 for HPC's? I paid a mere $0.99+$3.99S/H for a used copy. I received shipping confirmation this morning and I'm looking forward to continuing to test my Freecell prowess on my HPC. :+

KBoyKool

Great price! I think you will be very happy with the software.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 12:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The good thing about WinCEEP is that it works on Windows CE 1.0 as well, it's in a different folder under the install CD, but it is there on the 2.0 version.

It's always nice to see ones name in lights
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 3:36 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2006-05-01 8:52 AM
Fear not - although I've been feeling a bit game _y lately

Better to feel gamy than to smell gamy.

It's gonna be hard to outdo KBoyKool. I got outbid myself this morning because I had to go to work and I was too cheap to go higher than $11.

I agree with John about the home page spread. (Nice!) Fitting, though, for an excellent review. I always enjoy reading John's reviews in The Handheld PC Newsletter.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-02 3:43 AM
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Yes, I'm jealous of Kenny's Pack price--I knew he was bidding on it, so I backed off (we forum people have to stick together) and only bid on the other listing. Won it last night for a lot more than Kenny paid for his.

Still, I'm glad to track the program down finally, and John's article makes it all the more fortuitous. Can't wait to follow your review "in the flesh," as they say, John

Jake
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Awwww, thanks guys! You're all swell. CE Geek, I hear you on the price. I only bid $6.01, due to the input in the thread I listed above. Thanks to you and Jake, I obviously paid a lot less. It surprises me, too, though. Just keep in mind that I don't have it, yet. It's ebay after all, so you never know. If I see any more good deals, I'll definitely post it here or in hpcbay.
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Ah, the mysteries of the auction. Last night, I won a supposedly mint condition Sharp Mobilon 4100, replete with cable and manuals. $27 plus modest s/h. But as Kenny says, it's the 'bay and there are always the sellers who believe it's better to receive than to ship.

Jake

edit: typo

Edited by Jake 2006-05-02 11:01 AM
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 11:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh Jake, a second 4100? (btw, i got an osaris just now and it does NOT have the battery bug! say something to that... also it was cheaper than yours... )

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-02 11:27 AM
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 9:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2006-05-02 5:26 AM

Yes, I'm jealous of Kenny's Pack price--I knew he was bidding on it, so I backed off (we forum people have to stick together) and only bid on the other listing. Won it last night for a lot more than Kenny paid for his.

You're the one! Geez, Jake, you shoulda said something. I'd have backed off that one too and saved you a buck or two.
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-05-03 1:22 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

CE Geek: man, if I had known that was your moniker, I'd have backed off from that Pack too. Hate to step on the feet of my colleagues here

Cmonex: yeah, I get the first 4100 humming, I mean, wifi and all. I'm in a Costa Rican hotel, piggybacking on the lobby's internet signal, checking email, on top of the world, when a line of pixels blows out, right in the screen's middle. I should give up, but it took so long to tune the machine just right that I couldn't resist another shot. Re: the Osaris--welcome to hell and I think I paid $50 for that piece of garbage (though it did come with adapter/cable that I use with my Series 5). Unless you got that Osaris free with a full tank of gas at participating Budapest stations, it's not worth anything more Hope that battery bug doesn't bite you. Mine showed up with it, so I don't know if it's a slowly acquired thing or a yes-or-no deal. Run the backlight for five minutes now and then and you'll know one way or another.

Jake
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-03 7:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We're sliding a bit off topic here, can we head back to the original thread please.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-03 7:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2006-05-03 7:22 AM

Cmonex: yeah, I get the first 4100 humming, I mean, wifi and all. I'm in a Costa Rican hotel, piggybacking on the lobby's internet signal, checking email, on top of the world, when a line of pixels blows out, right in the screen's middle. I should give up, but it took so long to tune the machine just right that I couldn't resist another shot. Re: the Osaris--welcome to hell and I think I paid $50 for that piece of garbage (though it did come with adapter/cable that I use with my Series 5). Unless you got that Osaris free with a full tank of gas at participating Budapest stations, it's not worth anything more Hope that battery bug doesn't bite you. Mine showed up with it, so I don't know if it's a slowly acquired thing or a yes-or-no deal. Run the backlight for five minutes now and then and you'll know one way or another.

Jake

OK, i'll answer this in a PM

back to topic
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-05-03 8:47 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I had no idea that Pack ran on CE 1.0, and I was glad for John's tip in the article about the ARM cab. I agree with his criticism that the Chess, Hearts, and Freecell background is difficult, maybe even distracting on the eye. I can't figure out the choice of that green--were all the good colors already taken?

At least, the BlackJack green has sort of that "dealer felt" look.

Henri has a MS Reversi freebie listed on his site, red and blue squares. It's beta and I'll be interested to match its performance against Pack's.

Jake
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10