x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

720degrees symbol errors with orinoco module

thedot Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 12:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have 720degrees up and running, but can't seem to get my wireless conneciton going.
I have a Lucent orinoco silver card. I insert it into the pcmcia slot, but the system log tells me it's not recognized.
I next try to manually install the drivers with modprobe, but it tells me it can't find them.
Last I use insmod to install hermes, orinoco, and orinoc_cs, but get symbol errors in the syslog.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 12:54 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Are you using Michael or Program Synthesizer's kernel and modules? What firmware is the card running. I've had no trouble with my Orinoco Silver (Lucent branded) using the latest available firmware and Program Synthesizer's backport kernel and modules.

Edited by Rocketman 2006-05-06 12:55 AM
 Top of the page
thedot Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 11:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm using the 720degrees backport kernel and modules.
Orinoco Driver Backport - Kernel and Bootloader
Orinoco Driver Backport - Modules
Kernel 2.4.32-j720-10, March 6, 2006

I've been looking, but can't seem to find the latest firmware update for this card. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
 Top of the page
thedot Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 11:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I updated the firmware to latest version and I get the following symbol errors when inserting the card.
unresolved symbol herems_struct_init
alloc_orinocodev
orinoco_reinit_firmware
orinoco_interrupt
orinoco_down
orinoco_up
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 9:15 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

You need to get the permissions correct. Change the owner of all the modules to root, and make sure that you are using the correct kernel and compatible modules. Also, try upgrading your version of modutils to something newer. Go through all that, and you are probably going to fix the problem. I have had the same issue many times.

Oh, and I spelled synthesizer wrong, as synthesiser. But now it is stuck that way, so no Z. It looks better this way anyways...
 Top of the page
thedot
thedot Page Icon Posted 2006-05-07 11:06 PM
#
I got it working. I had copied some of the orinoco drivers over from the knoppix disk which was using 2.6.x.<-that was stupid.
Thanks for the help guys.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 2:49 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yeah, that could be it too.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10