x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linux on a Tatung WebPAD / Neta 985 / Rugboard - HOW TO w/ instructions

1 2
Chad
Chad Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 1:50 AM
#
geek-fr,
I have had mine apart a few times, I did not look for a name on the touch screen.
I would like to talk with you about my personal units as well as my "big project"
can you drop me an e-mail if you want to be paid a little for your work.
ccolumbu@hotmail.com

Anyone else willing to put in time that can contribute is also welcome to contact me, to make a little $ off me.
 Top of the page
chad
chad Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 1:54 AM
#
Almost forgot, here is the versin with the right chip:
http://www.go-gooroo.com/Top/english/produkte/popup/rugboard.html
 Top of the page
geek-fr
geek-fr Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 5:11 PM
#
For those reading this thread, I have finally managed to run Linux (2.6 kernel) on the Tatung Webpad. All the infos are on my site: Geek-fr.Com

X11 is working fine with touchscreen (wrote a custom touchscreen driver). Suspend / resume is now working like a charm (solved but in APM kernel module).
 Top of the page
mazade Page Icon Posted 2007-04-07 10:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all you knowledgeable tinkerers. This may be the beginning of me being a pest on this forum with regard to the tatung web pad.. Geode 266 type.
Geek-fr, I've been frequenting your site and trying to glean as much info off of it as possible.. please slap me if that's wrong.. but yeah
I have one of those twn-5213cu things and though enthusiastic about getting anything but CE on it.. I'm a serious novice when it comes to messing with any form of code or knowing where to go to tinker with code even at least outside of windows.
I desire to get in touch with you or any other individual who knows their way around an X-win system(with regard to this webpad).. I'm having issues even getting the thing to a finished-booting-up state.. not to mention I can't get in into a desktop environment.

thank you for putting up with me.
Davis M.
 Top of the page
bht67
bht67 Page Icon Posted 2007-09-11 10:04 PM
#
Is the full image referenced in the howto instructions still available? The link is inactive.

Thx!
 Top of the page
jiggly67
jiggly67 Page Icon Posted 2007-09-13 1:52 PM
#
Anyone here have a copy of the nk.bin for TWN-5213CU? I am trash mine during the process of trying to put Linux on it. Please drop me an email at jiggly67@yahoo.com if you can help.

Thank you.
 Top of the page
Tony Webpad
Tony Webpad Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 3:57 PM
#
I have followed the instructions listed above. No luck with Linux SLAX 5.0.6 , only getting as far as white screen. Then rebooted, turns out that the touchscreen needs additional drivers to support it.

I am currently experimenting with latest version, SLAX 6.1.2

if anyone had any luck of making it all work, your assistance would be highly appreciated.
my email is tony_ross15 [at] hotmail [dot com]
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 28