x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync replacement in Vista

torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-13 3:51 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Unfortunately, the idea of support for our older HPCs in Vista looks like it is almost completely gone. ActiveSync has been replaced by Windows Mobile Device Center in Vista and here is the bad part: it is built in.. Let's hope that this program will even support HPCs..
Windows Mobile Device Center
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-13 6:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It has been in all public beta releases of Longhorn and most of the disclosed M builds.

Essentially it's ActiveSync 5, effectively it's activesync 4 with a new ui. It supports down to CE3, including serial cable sync for those without USB. That is naturally subject to any desired and artificially imposed changes come RTM.
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-13 8:04 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I wonder if Windows Mobile Device Center will be released for Windows XP or be under ActiveSync still... I hope that the newer HPCs will be supported in RTM Vista.. I am actually suprised that Microsoft still allows serial sync.. However, I highly doubt they will put wifi and ethernet sync back in, though I hope so. I cannot understand how Bluetooth is safer than ethernet..
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 14