x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Is is possible to bump up the 790 ram?

1 2 3 4
790HPC
790HPC Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 1:01 PM
#
my1990 -- I actually bought one your 790 upgrade kits since for my other 790 .
Thanks for the fast shipping BTW.

One question about RAM since you used to program/ - Does more RAM give better performance if you are not using the existing RAM?
i.e. if one never used all of the 32MB in the 790 then would the extra 16MB make a difference?

Thanks

790hpc

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 7:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have tried installing the RAM upgrade chip several times accoring to my1990's instructions on eBay, but it still shows only 32 MB RAM each time. I tried reseating it several times, thinking that maybe it wasn't properly seated - but no luck. I also notice the RAM cover gets very warm in the area of the upgrade chip as well. Help!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 8:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

did you do a hard reset manually? press that little switch for two seconds, i always press it twice to be sure..

it is easy to seat the RAM in properly, it will click into place and you cannot really move it (if you don't try too hard, that is ), and when it is firmly seated, you will be able to screw it down just fine.

if it is getting too warm.. now that's worrying!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 8:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Did the hard reset with the button. (Didn't hold it down for two whole secs, but did press it twice in some of the reattempts - and in all cases I found when I turned it on that it had completed the hard reset.) I couldn't imagine how it hadn't seated properly either - as you say, it slips right into place (though there was no click ).

I hate to think I might have a faulty module, but I'm gonna have to contact my1990 and see what he says.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 8:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok ok saying it clicked into place was just to emphasize it can be definitely felt.

yes i was going to suggest contacting the seller.

(maybe try that 2 secs thing first though)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-22 3:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Can't hurt. Meanwhile, I've already contacted my1990, and he responded promptly even though he's out of town. We'll discuss it further when he returns next week. (I'm confident in him to help me resolve this; he's definitely a good guy. I gave him positive feedback right after the item arrived, and I'd do it again in a minute.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-22 5:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Don't even have to wait. my1990 is already asking me to send it back. Told ya he's a good guy - taking care of me right away.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-22 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes he's a nice seller hope you'll get a good chip for the second time.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 7:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Very prompt response. Will be sending the replacement to me shortly. my1990 and his staff have been very courteous and prompt.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-01 12:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Got the replacement chip yesterday, and it works great! And I'll say it again - my1990 is a very pleasant and helpful seller.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8