x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Zonet ZCF 1100 - CF for Wi-fi problems...

1 2
emvbase Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex, well...
not working.

how can you speak in your message
1) I go to HCL list drivers and I found the Hawking CF-100W

2) On HCL the only link send us to Hawking home-page.

3) I go to Support and found this area
http://www.hawkingtech.com/support/details.php?CatID=33&FamID=92&Pr...

4) In this page I found only driver for PocketPC's and one note about the driver for HPC when I click on this note the Ambicon page are show
http://www.ambicom.com/support/installation/wl/b/index.htm

5) I check my mfcce300.dll and this size are 358kb

6) I make the download of driver to WinCE3.x and install on the J720, no problems on the install, no errors (like in the another drivers tested).

7) I put the CF on the slot and when I try to open the Ambicon software...
ERROR.
Can not run the application, please insert your 802.11b wirelell CF/PC Card.

Any idea?
Thanks for support!

Eric
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oops, the HCL problem again: people don't see the direct download link in the HCL. i can understand, it is not very intuitive

direct link: http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

please uninstall the darn ambicom driver then install this one
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 11:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

emvbase, please read the help image on the HCL's first page, it tells you where the downloads are.
For self kicking purposes, it's under "notes and downloads".
 Top of the page
emvbase Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Tks C.amie
Sorry, but really the download link is not simple to see...
I found the link but in the home-page of HCL I suggest the
change of order between help image and search box.
It's a simple change. All the people with problems runs to search first
and don't see the image because needs to scroll.

Tks! And sorry.

Eric
 Top of the page
emvbase Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 8:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex.

Don't work.
Installs ok. No GPF's
But like another drivers, show one error

PRISMCFG
unable to connect to the wireless network card, please insert it.

I try to put on my pocket J540 and works fine...
Another idea?

Really Tks!

Eric
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 9:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

emvbase: i will try something now and tell you good or bad news. just a few minutes...

edit: ok, good news, i wasn't sure but now i am: your card should be a plain prism 2.5. now why doesn't it work with the drivers?

can you please uninstall every wlan driver now you have, in control panel / remove programs
if they won't uninstall, go to /windows/start up and delete every lnk file there that is for wlan. do a soft reset and now you'll be able to uninstall them.
then soft reset again.
now go to the registry with a reg editor, phm regeditor here: http://izemize.fw.hu/regedit.Jup_ARM.CAB (file size 92597 bytes)
find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Drivers/PCMCIA.
delete every key that says IEEE 802.11 or PRISM or anything like that, anything that has to do with wlan.
soft reset.

after this, try to download and install http://izemize.fw.hu/PRISM.HPC300ARM.CAB (200766 bytes)
put the wlan card in, if it asks for a driver name, type this: PRISMNDS
if after a soft reset you still get problems ("insert card" when card is already in):
uninstall it the above way.
then install:
http://izemize.fw.hu/WLAN.2577.CAB (299940 bytes) this is the zonet driver. just enter WLANNDS if again a driver name is needed. don't care about the illegal operation error, see if the card led lights up or not and whether you get the IP box popup on first insertion of the card.

i mentioned file sizes so that you can be sure you downloaded the whole file successfully. (i will be moving to a new server soon, where this crap about download problems will be sorted out)

if all the above sounds too complicated: just do a hard reset! and download the driver cabs from my site and try them.
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 12:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Newbie, but tenacious.

I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to get my Zonet ZCF1100, much to the wife's irritation, but I got it working on my newly acquired Jornada 720 (which I am loving, by the way)

First, I got the latest driver from Senao (http://www.senao.com/english/product/product_load_w.asp?procat=Wireless). The NL-2511CF Mercury is the same device. Use the one for Win CE3.0. The PRISM device is the same, but no matter how I renamed the device when I inserted it, the PRISM driver wouldn't recognize it. The Senao driver was the only one that worked, but I got an error when the WLANSTA.exe program started.

Then I added the aygshell.dll 17kb (4th) version from HP Factor to the program folder, and the error message changed, but still nothing. On a whim I added Doclist.dll, gx.dll, and mfcce300.dll that I found here (http://www.silentservices.de/simpad/fakedlls-all.zip). These include a version of aygshell.dll that works, but since the Wireless LAN application runs on start up, it loads the aygshell.dll and keeps it active which caused my Streets and Trips display to cut off it's menu. The trade off is that a grey bar shows up over the Jornada Task Bar when WLANSTA starts up. But just hit the Show Desktop button in the System Tray and it goes away.

I have no idea if one or all did the trick, but once I added those dll files, all was working immediately. Some of the configuration menus are cut off. The last two keys under the encryption tab are cut off, and the Site_Survey options are hidden, but just hit Tab and then Enter and it will search. Perhaps Cmonex may have an idea of which one is the key. I'm just leaving them all for fear it stops working and I can't get it back.

I have been using other programs on the Jornada and have encountered no obvious conflicts (I have issues with Activesync maintaining a connection via USB, but that's mild an I think unrelated).

Hope this helps. And again a HUGE thank you to HPFactor! Without you, I wouldn't have wireless connectivity, Streets & Trips, or a movie player (Pocket Core Player is great, but now I have to convert all my Pocket PC formatted WMV to Mpeg1!). Loving my Jornada!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 1:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

PDAfan: this isn't the solution, you're going to have problems. just try any MFC based hpc program... there are quite a few.

i still recommend the hawking driver or the 7.24 version of the intersil drivers (same thing).

if that doesn't work i will modify the senao driver so that you won't have problems later. but the hawking driver isn't cut off, so it is much nicer.
maybe winwatch can resize the windows in the senao driver...

and i'm really surprised that the hawking doesn't work. i have a senao card which works fine with both the senao driver you use and with the hawking too.

btw glad to hear you love the 720

edit: ok i modified it (easy): http://izemize.fw.hu/WLAN.2577hexed.zip (292598 bytes)
reinstall the driver with this one please and use the mfcce301.dll included in the zip. then you will not encounter problems later.

oh and you can delete the gx.dll safely.
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 3:42 PM
#
Realmente um grande problema ¬¬
eu tava afim de compra um CF Zonet desses, mas desisti ¬¬
Eric, isso é um problema ¬¬

____
Really its a biggest problem...
I'm interesting to buy a Zonet CF too, but I will not buy ¬¬
Eric, its an problem...
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 5:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

You are the BEST! The Hexxed driver is working like a charm.

Per your recommendation I went back and tried the Hawking drivers, but the card just is not recognized.

Oh well, that's what I get for trying to save a few dollars and buying the cheap card.

Thanks again. I've got to look into that HEX editing thing

Top of the page
emvbase Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex.
Yeaaahhhhh!!!!
It Works!!!!

The last solution with the hexed CAB and DLL's
install, work, without errors!

Thanks for all and to everyone!
Now I start my backup of this hexed driver in 3 different locals! :-)

It's possible to put your hexed here in HCL?
Can I send to another friends with the same problem?

Tks tks tks!

Eric

(it's normal one grey bar up to startup bar? after I install the hexed this bar are showing at the desktop) problem? looks so strange...

Edited by emvbase 2006-05-30 6:24 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

very strange that the hawking driver doesn't work. the zonet driver is really identical (from byte to byte) to the senao mercury driver and both work with my senao (not mercury) card
anyway glad to hear it works fine

emvbase, yes you can send it to others too of course
as for the HCL i will have to discuss that with the admins
 Top of the page
emvbase Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

things from windows...

it's normal one grey bar up to startup bar? after I install the hexed this bar are showing at the desktop problem? looks so strange...
I'm navigate with PIE but when I close the browser this strange bar are show it's cut my desktop...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes but you can hide that bar, read what PDAfan said above: "just hit the Show Desktop button in the System Tray and it goes away".
 Top of the page
emvbase Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yahoo.
Works!

Now i'm connecting!
The miracles of wi-fi :-)

Tks!

Eric
 Top of the page
1 2