x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can you assign another directory as "Favorites"?

Sch01ar
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 4:32 AM
#
...for example, a directory on a cf card, by using a registry hack, for example.
This would be very useful: I use my j720 most days and my JVC mp c-33 to present or write long pieces. I've given up synching and swap all my data on a cf card. It would bve nice to have the same page of bookmarks show up in FTX browser on each machine, instead of never remembering the ones that I really need....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 8:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey. a JVC? cool (how long does its battery last for you?)
i checked the registry and don't see a way sorry maybe others?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 8:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It isn't a 'soft' shell folder like it is on win32, it's all hard coded
 Top of the page
Sch01ar
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 4:23 AM
#
Hardcoded ;o(

JVC is great, one of my favourite HPCs, and it gets alot of stares from yuppies who are convinced its "the latest thing blah blah" The battery only gets me maybe two hours full force (it does Coventry to Derby on the train ok) - I don't take it anywhere without a powerlead. It's great to present from (I use One Cat Doodler if I have to come up with something on the train, otherwise Resco Album converts powerpoint into a slideshow that works fine.) The huge screen (1024 x 600) is great, but the keyboard is an acquired taste. The pitch is very weird, for example. Bizarrely, it has mouse, camera and inkjet drivers for the USB port, and it flys out pages on my old Canon BJC 85. But I always find myself reaching for my trusty J720.....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 4:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah i'm sorry that it's hardcoded

oh i can see why they think it's the latest cool thing
my battery lasts about the same but i have plans of improving it with 2400 mAh cells & spare batt soon here (also with 2400's, hmm)...
i think the keyboard is very good, but this could be just me. and the j728 is certainly more portable & better battery life (my no1 hpc)
 Top of the page
Sch01ar
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 5:54 PM
#
Yeah - I love the Jornadas; they're just so handy. I can't get to grips with the JVC keyboard (the layout is German, of course, which is a real problem for us monolingual English types) but the screen more than make up for it. I'd love to see what happens with your battery project. BTW, The Samsung Izzi Pro is the same form factor (low res screen, of course) and has a *wonderful* keyboard. I used that all the time b4 I got the JVC (it also has an external monitor cable, AND a spare battery case that takes AA cells! Cool!) but I really need HPC 2000 to get anything meaningful done....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

exactly, hpc2000 is what i need too jvc keyboard isn't that difficult for me, we have a similar layout here in hungary (qwertz... etc) i have no problems with that. i'll let you know if/when i successfully revived the batteries.. (i was told the second one is close to dead but can be refurbished with new cells) i hope it can be easily done i'm sure it will last at least 4 hours on each one!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 27