x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Network Jornada 720 to DLink 524 router

achait
achait Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 2:17 PM
#
I recently bought an HP Jornada 720 from Tiger Direct and am trying to connect to the internet via my D-Link 524 wired / wireless router.

I bought both a Socket LP-E CF-PCMCIA ethernet card and a Socket Low power WLAN CF card. I cannot connect with either.

With the ethernet card, set to DHCP, I do get an IP (192.168.0.100) assigned and a gateway (192.168.0.1) assigned.

I can ping the Jordana from my laptop (connected to the same router) and can ping the gateway router from the Jornada. I cannot ping the laptop from the Jornada and cannot get internet access. I get error 400 even trying to connect to the router (http://192.168.0.1) which I was able to ping.

With the wireless CF card I cannot get any signal strength recognition of the
access point even though my laptop shows excelent strength for the same router, just 3 feet away. The SSID, WEP, and channel are set the same on the Jornada as on my laptop, which does work.

My router (10/100) should auotosync to my CF card's 10 mps but it did not help to set my router to 10mps, same results.

I set the router firewall to accept from LAN 192.168.0.100 (The DHCP IP assigend to the Jornada) and allow connect to everything. No change.

Has anyone had similar experience with trying to network the Jornada 720?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

are you sure your pcmcia slot is working perfectly?

i have a socket LPE cf (and pcmcia adapter for it), works just fine
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 3:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Check down the slot for bent pins.
 Top of the page
achait
achait Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 11:33 AM
#
If there was a [roblem with the PCMCIA card I would not have been able to get an IP address
assigned from the router and would not be able to ping the router.
I will try to install the PCMCIA / CF on my laoptop to see if it works there.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 12:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

achait, you cant be sure. i have an old phenom ultra with a pcmcia slot which is faulty. i can still insert a CF card and use it then it stops working. reinsert, again same thing.. and so on.. of course it was just an idea.. just strange that neither card works....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 12:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What cmonex says.

There are som many data lines on the PCMCIA slot it's hard to be positive over anything aside from the power lines. (without pulling apart the specification)
 Top of the page
ISW Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I had a wireless communications problem between my PC, laptop, and J720. Out of the 6 ping permutations, only 3 or 4 would work (most of them were 'one-way' only). I made sure my D-Link 724P router was set to allow communications within the LAN and that still didn't help. My problem turned out to be the firewall software on the computers (in the case of the laptop a firewall in Trend Micros anti-virus software that I didn't know existed).

Might be worth checking your firewall settings.

Ian
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 1:32 PM
#
Thanks for the reply.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9