x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Volume Level After Soft Reset

ISW Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 2:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Whenever I have cause to soft-reset my J720, the volume level get set to "Mute All". This means that none of my alarms in the calendar can be heard. Most times I remember put the volume back to "Earphone", but it would be much better to get the machine to do this itself after a soft-reset.

Is this possible, and if so how?

Ian
 Top of the page
Messer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 4:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My volume profile survives soft reset just fine, but my Jornada is always booting with contrast set to max So indeed there's something wrong with settings. I tried to search HPC factor for solution but found nothing helpful and I'd also be glad to read some comments on this problem.
 Top of the page
ISW Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 1:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Having just 'fiddled' with the volume & display settings (selected diferent ones and then put it back to Earphone Volume & Indoor Display), they both survive a soft-reset! Tried a few resets and it worked each the time.

Hopefully it will remain this way ...

Ian

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 7:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

My 720's are all over the place with volume - usually in the mute department even without the thing realising it on the slider.

I think it has something to do with using multimedia application which have control over the volume, which don't interface with the hp OSD driver. So one reports volume = x and the other volume = y, when they come out of sync, the system doesn't know what to do, so we get crazyness.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 8:02 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2006-05-30 7:32 AM

My 720's are all over the place with volume - usually in the mute department even without the thing realising it on the slider.

I think it has something to do with using multimedia application which have control over the volume, which don't interface with the hp OSD driver. So one reports volume = x and the other volume = y, when they come out of sync, the system doesn't know what to do, so we get crazyness.

To avoid all of the nutty behaviour, I try to make it a point to reset the Volume Profiles in HP Settings after using any multimedia software. Yes. it's a bit of a pain, but it does prevent the Jornada's sound from freaking out.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 2:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-05-30 4:32 AM

I thought that (in some cases at least) the volume controls are software-connected, so that changing volume in the app also changes volume in the Control Panel. (At least I recall noticing that effect in some mutlimedia apps.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10