x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lights Out at Moose Software!

1 2
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 11:19 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Sadly, another H/PC developer Moose Software maker of four fine games -

LineUp (Great Game!)

Four Corners

MaxIt

Poker Sol

.....has switched off the lights. The website is closed and the email has been disconnected.

I did notice that full versions of their software are still available for purchase/download at some of the internet Shareware websites...but who knows how long that will last.

Anyway - just thought you should know!

This sort of weights in nicely with the latest POLL!

Edited by Hurricane John 2006-06-03 11:46 AM
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 12:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Embarrassingly, I've never heard of them
It's always a sad moment for the community though. Have you any details on how to contact the individuals involved other than the email?
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2006-06-03 12:07 PM

Embarrassingly, I've never heard of them
It's always a sad moment for the community though. Have you any details on how to contact the individuals involved other than the email?

No I wish I did, but all I had was their email address. I have a copy of LineUP which I registered late last year...but I have not been in contact with them since.

torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 2:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It is always sad when a developer for HPCs just........... stops... I had not heard of the company either...
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 4:24 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Then they should have advertised better.
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 10:15 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

That is true... I guess advertising does help LOL ...
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 6:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Especially on your friendly, local H/PC Site
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 7:06 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2006-06-05 6:25 AM

Especially on your friendly, local H/PC Site

How many developers actually contact HPC Factor when they release new or upgraded software? Probably not as many as people may suspect....pehaps the members of this community could do more to inform the developers about what HPC Factor has to offer?

clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 9:48 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Hurricane John - 2006-06-05 6:06 AM

How many developers actually contact HPC Factor when they release new or upgraded software? Probably not as many as people may suspect....pehaps the members of this community could do more to inform the developers about what HPC Factor has to offer?

That would help for sure John. We have a lot of people who spend countless hours here and it would be fantastic to see them be an "H/PC Army" to advert for the site.

Keep in mind too that we are doing a lot of things behind the scenes as well to make sure we continue to be THE site for H/PC users so users won't be alone in the effort.

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 11:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The honest answer to that question John is not as many as I'd like. Most of our H/PC release news is submitted by users.

The PPC community has no quams about sending in their release news to us, it is a shame however that the H/PC dev's like to be as hidden as their releases are.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 12:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2006-06-07 11:59 AM

The honest answer to that question John is not as many as I'd like. Most of our H/PC release news is submitted by users.

The PPC community has no quams about sending in their release news to us, it is a shame however that the H/PC dev's like to be as hidden as their releases are.

Most of the H/PC developers are also PPC developers, but they are under the false impression that the H/PC market for software is dead! The H/PC community is partially to blame...they are way to busy hacking PPC software, to actually communicate with H/PC developers. Most of the H/PC developers I've recently been in contact with include (BallShooter Games, Bye Design LTD, DejaVu Soft, Ilium Soft, Resco, DeveloperOne, Omega One etc) and almost all of them are suprised to hear from me and usually mention the fact that they rarely hear from any H/PC users!

As you know - communication is a two way street

I'm going to try to make an extra effort to publicize more H/PC developers in future isses of my newsletter.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 12:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2006-06-07 6:37 PM
The H/PC community is partially to blame...they are way to busy hacking PPC software, to actually communicate with H/PC developers.

i object to this. i hack ppc software for myself only if i can't find a hpc version of the program. and yes that does happen. or did, in the past, i've got about everything on my hpc's i need now i do this only for others.
i don't know about the other hpc users of course but i'm sure they too prefer a native hpc program over a ppc one... it is just easier to have the program in a native hpc version.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 7:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for making my point!
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-11 11:43 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

To be honest, I am not interested in anything but freeware. However, if someone really does make a killer app that is truly worth my money, I would not mind sending a mail order through the mail or something. But I only spend money on programs that are really worth it. I don't remember seeing any of those that were ever released for the H/PC.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2006-06-11 11:44 PM
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-06-12 7:26 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

ProgramSynthesiser - 2006-06-11 11:43 PM

To be honest, I am not interested in anything but freeware. However, if someone really does make a killer app that is truly worth my money, I would not mind sending a mail order through the mail or something. But I only spend money on programs that are really worth it. I don't remember seeing any of those that were ever released for the H/PC.

Synth

Obviously, you have the right to do whatever you want when it comes to 'any' software purchase!
Out of shear curiousity....what H/PC software have you purchased that was 'worth' paying for...... or are you still waiting for that killer app?
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 31