x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How do I run programs?!?

Spykedjadedragon Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 2:52 AM
#
Avatar image of Spykedjadedragon
H/PC Newbie

I only JUST got my HP Jornada 728. I've downloaded Adobe Acrobat and some other programs...but when I unzip them, there are A LOT of little files.
I synched them anyway unto my Jornada, and they came up as a million little files too...How do I get the program to run?!
Everytime I click on a file, it says that I have to run the application first....but there is nothing with a .exe extension! There's no setup.exe or anything....

What am I supposed to do?

~Spyked~
ChiYokLown
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 3:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You're dealing with CAB files (*.cab). These are self-installing archive files that you copy directly onto the device (either through ActiveSync's Explore function, or by copying the file onto a Compact Flash card directly from the desktop PC using My Computer or Windows Explorer). You then locate the file in the 728 using My Handheld PC, and double-tap on the CAB file icon. The application then installs automatically.
 Top of the page
Spykedjadedragon Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 4:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can't find a .cab file. All the file extensions are like .051 or .056 or .003 etc.

~Spyked~
ChiYokLown
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 4:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, I'm talking about the one big file you unzipped to get all these little files. You don't unzip it - you just copy it whole over to the H/PC. Then you double-tap on it there to unzip it on the H/PC.
 Top of the page
Spykedjadedragon Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OOooh thaanks.

~Spyked~
ChiYokLown
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 28