x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IE Cache on CF-Card

ISW Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 5:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've followed the instructions to place the internet explorer cache on the CF-card of my J720, and it works just fine.

The problem is that the folder on the CF-card has an 'S' attribute, which means that I cannot browse it using the Resco explorer (browsing is possible using the Windows Explorer though ..). In fact the ROM attribute is set as well.

Is there a way of removing this attribute? If I remove it using the folder properties, it just resets itself back again. I imagine that there is a registry tweak for this somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks
Ian
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 7:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you should be able to remove it on your PC.
 Top of the page
ISW Page Icon Posted 2006-06-10 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ah, so the trick is to connect with ActiveSync, and then browse to the IE folder on the CF-card using the Windows Explorer and clear the attributes. Not tried that, so will give it a go.

Thanks for the idea.

Ian

Well, tried that, but in Windows Explorer you cannot access the attributes of the folders on J720 connected by Activesync.

However, you got me thinking that it would be easier to amend the attribute settings on the PC directly. So I took the CF-card from the J720 and plugged it into the card reader on my PC. Using Windows Explorer I couldn't clear the 'read only' attribute. Each time I tried, it came back set again.

In the end I went 'back to basics' at the DOS prompt, and changed the attributes on all the IE folders of my CF-card that way. That worked, and now I can view the IE folder in Resco explorer on the J720.

Ian

Edited by ISW 2006-06-10 9:41 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9