x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

rbil49 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone seen one of these up close? Looks sweet. Larger than a j720, but certainly far more capable and runs Linux. :-)

http://www.pepper.com/products/pepper_pad3.html#
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

To make a long story short: these devices have been out now for a long while, and basically flopped in the market.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 4:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

They have flopped in the market due to a string of pretty negative reviews. The advertised vs actual functionality are supposedly quite different.
 Top of the page
katz Page Icon Posted 2006-06-08 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone know if the Pepper pad functions as advertised or if this would fal into the "flop" catagory also? The Pepper looks like a nice home automation controller with alot of versitility so I don't have to whip out my J728. Also gives me a break from Microsoft with the Pepper running Linux.... Sweeet!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-11 11:32 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

It looks kind of cumbersome to use.
 Top of the page
billpool
billpool Page Icon Posted 2006-08-01 7:51 PM
#
katz - 2006-06-08 4:26 PM

Anyone know if the Pepper pad functions as advertised or if this would fal into the "flop" catagory also? The Pepper looks like a nice home automation controller with alot of versitility so I don't have to whip out my J728. Also gives me a break from Microsoft with the Pepper running Linux.... Sweeet!

Hi:

New here so maybe not doing this exactly right. On the PPC3, I'll be able to see first hand as Amazon is sttill saying 15 Aug ship and 18 Aug arrival. I'm looking forware to it. Got my roll-up usb keyboard and several other accouterments for the machine. It comes with Fedora Core 4 and I've got the version 4 dvd standing by in case....and made my laptop dual boot with xpxp2 and Fedora Core 5 so I can learn more... I am actually looking forward to all this Linux stuff. Up till now the only linux I've used was Mandrake. Liked that too.. It's nice to take a break from M$ if ya know what I mean..

I've been doing a lot with the HP IPAQ hx 2750 and 2790 and really need a break from WM5 Just picked up some HPC728 stuff and am interested inputting Linux on one if I can do it without ruining the hardware/soft. This board makes for interesting reading/study.

Hope my news on the Pepper 3 is good....I'm looking forward to seeing the release of the Asus R2H UMPC as I read an article about that machine and likelyhood of setting up dual boot on it. Just think, a chance to go thru the M$ withdrawls on the same machine..

Oh well, enough babbling..
Hello to everyone.

Take Care
bill
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-02 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

billpool, welcome.. have fun!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-03 2:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

If you are interested in a Linux distribution, check out 720 degrees..
http://www.720degrees.org/
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10