x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

720degrees Linux for the Jornada 720

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
Frozen
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 2:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

--Ignoring Spammers--
ProgramSynthesiser - 2006-07-21 11:09 PM
I did not forget! I was simply unable to get onto my pc for fear of it setting on fire. And lynx is not that great of a method for posting...
Yeah, I thought I installed the heatsink right, but that combined with 98.5 degrees F (37C) in my room...not good.

Is your PC doing better now? Also, why is it that hot in your room ..
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 4:32 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yup, I fixed it a couple of nights ago and added a fan. It is that hot in my room due to the fact that the apartments on either side of my house had the trees literally cut off. While my home used to be covered in shade, it is now getting a constant siege of 105+F heat.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 6:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Wow, that is hot... You should get some fans for your house .. And, I apologize for off-topic'ing your thread

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-07-24 7:01 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-25 1:56 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol...this thread is done for. I'll have C:Amie clean it up one more time, and that is about it.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 12:22 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I think it is about time to bring this thread to a close. It is colossal, and at this point is inhibiting our ability to help users. It would be much better off left here as a sticky, locked thread for reference uses only. It will be searched through by the 720degrees team and pieces will be extracted for documentation.

Just to give perspective on how large and old this thread is, the first post date is February 22, 2006, by snickersmd. And today is the 26th of July, 2006. That's a rather long life for a single thread, eh?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

PS, happy to oblige on that one with respect to closing this, but I don't think it's appropriate to make this sticky as it's a mess.

If you could distill the knowledge into a new reference thread, I can lock and sticky that - unfortunately I can't see a way of making something that's only postable by you... There have been wiki discussions before now, and I think if you can get the info out of this it might well help the case for a wiki.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-27 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I just want this thread locked to prevent further spamming. It does not require any further posts, we have our own forums for 720degrees now.

What I am trying to say is, please put this thread to rest, it has been greatly overused. As well, we will have a wiki of our own up in time. I will contact you or an administrator if I decide that we need an archived version of this thread.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-28 3:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thread closed (though not by me)

I've already had a formal request from snickersmd for an aggregated version of this thread.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9