x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 and 802.1x

Entoboy
Entoboy Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 3:18 PM
#
Hi, I just got a Jornada 720 and a netgear MA401 wireless card. Unfortunately, my college internet uses 802.1x wireless internet. Is there literally ANY way I can access 802.1x with my Jornada 720? The university also has VPN. Could I access that instead? Or maybe even get linux on my Jornada so I could get a 802.1x client on there? If there's any way at all to connect to the network here, I'd greatly appreciate any information, because honestly, without the internet, my Jornada's scrap metal. Thanks so much!
 Top of the page
fijam Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 4:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yeah, I get your point. That's probably EduROAM or sth similar. Well, I doubt if there are any drivers to support it under WinCE but I guess that 720degrees (I don't know how far does it support WLAN) or Jlime (once it is being ported to 720) could do the job (with 802.1x drivers crosscompiled.)
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 5:10 PM
#
Oh, man. Well, thanks! The problem is I'm VERY new to this stuff. I've just been using Windows all my life, but I think I'm going to have to get into linux now. Anyone know of a place that explains how to load Linux onto my Jornada 720, not to mention just explains how to use linux at all?
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

720 Degrees Linux would be a good place to start. Their site is here:

http://720degrees.org/
 Top of the page
fijam Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 12:12 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

... not to mention just explains how to use linux at all?

Well... You could start from using some distro, you may want to start with a shell account or LiveCD to make sure you don't mess things too much or just pick a distribution (now Ubuntu is trendy amongs beginners) and read manuals
No other way, sorry
Good luck.

fijam
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.14 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10