x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket PC apps on jornada 720

1 2 3
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 8:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have spent countless hours on many different websites including this trying to find an exact way to make PPC apps run on my jornada to no avail. Primarily I am looking for a step by step. I was trying to get Age of Empires working on it. I keep coming across people having problems with the conversion but no real explanation on how to do it. If anyone can help thanks.

:edit: Well I have kinda gotten somewhere. I got it opened but it gives me a fatal application error. Exception: 0xc0000005 Address 001107c4. Thanks

Edited by jmztaylor 2006-06-14 9:09 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 9:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

for AOE i think you have to delete the gx.dll in the program's folder, and then install GAPI from wincesoft.de
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 10:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I already did that. And tried different settings in GAPI
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 10:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmmm i dont have this program.. do you have a cab installer of it?
 Top of the page
Shiz
Shiz Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 2:58 AM
#
I wanna try Halo 2 on my J720, any ideas?
 Top of the page
lama Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 3:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Use PPC Size (320x240) from Gapi Setup. Then it should work fine, you might need Nydiot also to fit it for Jornada screen.
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 6:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

lama - 2006-06-15 3:32 AM

Use PPC Size (320x240) from Gapi Setup. Then it should work fine, you might need Nydiot also to fit it for Jornada screen.

I also have also tried all sorts of combos with Gapi and Nydiot. The installer can be downloaded from pocketgear.com . It won't install from the desktop because it says it is not compatible but if you go to program files/mdm then you will find the cab installer that you can just copy to your handheld.

Edited by jmztaylor 2006-06-15 6:39 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'd appreciate it if you could send the cab file
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 10:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 12:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK i looked at it.. didnt try it out yet, before that i'd like to ask which aygshell.dll did you use?
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 12:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

im not sure i just did a google search for that file and downloaded the first one. I even tried the one from the adobe reader package.
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 2:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Then I tried all from your website
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 5:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm not sure what i did but I got it working. The only problem is that it is sideways and halfway cut off. is there anyway to fix that?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, rotate the display to portrait with nyditot or maybe select 240x320 resolution (again, portrait)
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 7:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

works great. Here is the step by step for anybody else that wants to get Age Of Empires on their J720
Software Needed:
Nyditot 5.02 Nyditot Download Page
GAPI GAPI Download Page
Age of Empires Demo or Full Version Demo of Age of Empires download

1. download and install all programs above NOTE: AOE installer will tell you its not compatible but install anyway
2. Run GAPI on your device, select your device and the uncheck all boxes except PPC Mode (240 x 320), Save and exit
3. Go to the directory where you installed AOE and delete gx.dll. Make sure you show all files in the folder options under view.
4. Go to Control Panel, then open Virtual Display. If it is not there soft reset your device. Go to the configuration tab and on the orientation change it to portrait (right handed). I had problems with AOE locking up using the portrait (left handed).
5. Run AOE start a new game. Yes it will be upside down. When you get your new game started click on menu then game settings then select left handed. Then you are set to go.

I did this right after a hard reset so I am not sure if any other files in the windows directory are used or if they will cause problems. I know I had problems when trying to figure this out with other files in the windows directory that aren't there by default. Thanks goes to cmonex for the help on figuring this thing out. cmonex, if you have anything to add or correct me just let me know.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10