x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket PC apps on jornada 720

1 2 3
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 5:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

More games working:
Gamebox Classics
Gamebox Gems
Links

Cmonex, when I was talking about a forum I was talking about me setting one up since this site policy wouldn't allow it. Which it would be held on my own server. I am not trying to take away from this site at all just the porting of applications over to hpc. I don't think I made that part clear. Maybe I outta read my post before I post them
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

jmztaylor - 2006-06-23 11:47 PM

CE Geek - 2006-06-23 2:38 AM

Which DLLs did you use to get Millionaire to work? (I haven't had any luck yet - I
got a weird jumbled screen.)

I somehow got the UK version and it worked without any dlls. Just installed it and deleted the gx.dll and it worked. I am looking for the US version so I at least have a chance on it.

without any dlls? ok try this: http://izemize.fw.hu/FreeCell.exe
if it runs, you have the dummy dlls.

about the forum idea, great! let us know when you make it..
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 6:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

my apologies I forgot that I added a aygshell.dll to the windows directory. I usually just put it in the directory the program is installed but too many games I have run off this one and it isn't logical to copy it that many times. The one I have is 41K. I added it on here. I am pretty sure it is one from cmonex's ce.net file. But I am not 100% sure on that one but this is the one I used
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 6:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

41k is indeed the cenet one. and it works with so much stuff? lol that's good news.
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 7:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Most of the games that I have listed works with this one. I am setting the board up right now. the link will be Webpage. It should be done in about an hour.

Edited by jmztaylor 2006-06-23 8:03 PM
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-24 6:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I got Monopoly working kinda. I can play the game with the display is normal but when I try to turn the display portrait with nyditot and run the game it locks up. The problem is that when doing trades and that sort of thing you can't see everything when the display is in landscape. I attached the exact dlls used to make it work. I did no hexediting to get them to work. The only thing I did was run exe check on ayghelp.dll and change the os version. Just let me know if you have any idea how i can fix the problem. thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-24 8:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

where did you attach the dlls?
you could post about this app on your forum (forum is very cool by the way!)
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-24 10:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yeah i forgot...but here is the link Monopoly dlls
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 12:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

See my thread (link on previous page). You don't need Nyditot.
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 11:24 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have an arm device so those won't work will they?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 12:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, see my post describing how I got it working on my 728 (a couple of posts up from the one you're looking at).
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 12:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I guess im just stupid today or something. I still can't get it working. Can you just zip up the dlls and send them to me?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 1:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, my 728 is out of commission, but the app folder is on the CF card, so maybe I can copy the DLLs that are there. (I just don't recall whether the aygshell is included in the folder, or if I had the right one in \Windows. Let me go have a look.) I trust you've tried the ARM aygshells from cmonex' site.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-26 1:01 AM
 Top of the page
jmztaylor Page Icon Posted 2006-06-26 1:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yeah i did. If you wanna download the above file that is the dlls I am using and you can just compare them and let me know what you find different. Thanks
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-11-29 9:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

jmztaylor - 2006-06-15 8:10 PM

works great. Here is the step by step for anybody else that wants to get Age Of Empires on their J720
Software Needed:
Nyditot 5.02 Nyditot Download Page
GAPI GAPI Download Page
Age of Empires Demo or Full Version Demo of Age of Empires download

1. download and install all programs above NOTE: AOE installer will tell you its not compatible but install anyway
2. Run GAPI on your device, select your device and the uncheck all boxes except PPC Mode (240 x 320), Save and exit
3. Go to the directory where you installed AOE and delete gx.dll. Make sure you show all files in the folder options under view.
4. Go to Control Panel, then open Virtual Display. If it is not there soft reset your device. Go to the configuration tab and on the orientation change it to portrait (right handed). I had problems with AOE locking up using the portrait (left handed).
5. Run AOE start a new game. Yes it will be upside down. When you get your new game started click on menu then game settings then select left handed. Then you are set to go.

I did this right after a hard reset so I am not sure if any other files in the windows directory are used or if they will cause problems. I know I had problems when trying to figure this out with other files in the windows directory that aren't there by default. Thanks goes to cmonex for the help on figuring this thing out. cmonex, if you have anything to add or correct me just let me know.

Hi someone has the link for the following CAB:
- nyditot
- age of empires

since the links doesnt work anymore?
thanks!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11