x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Xfce4 on Jornada 720

bryno
bryno Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 6:02 PM
#
Hi,
i come from west side of Europe, Poland actually, and since 2 months i searched all net looking for manual or any description about building X server on Jornada 720. I have debian sarge and reading this forum i downloaded and configured xserver and xfce4. It is very nice, cool color it looks so lovely that i think i'm in love (piss 2 my love: Silwia But there is a little problem, i can't calibrate my Touchscreen using xtscal.
I'm going around this command:

DISPLAY=:0 xtsca -cal -180 700 75 -33 0 which i found on: http://www.lowlevel.cz/log/pivot/entry.php?id=41.
I got back this from system:
TS_GET_CALL: Invalid argument

I supose it is not hard problem but i decided to write this post to start discussion about x server on Jornada 720. Can U imagine that on forums in my country nobody was able to help me with any problem related to Xserver? It seems i'am first who saw xfce4 on Jornada 720, am I??? piss2AllUmaniacs

p.s. sorry 4 my language, still learning.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 5:49 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Uh, we'll have to have that moderated. Anyways, I know two words in polish, nie and dobranoc!

As far as the xserver, just nag snickers until he finally gives in and fixes his apt-get server, so you can download the one that took me two weeks to compile. Since it took two weeks to compile, it actually works, you see...

As far as xfce4, you should be able to just download it after that. But I would really recommend using an older version of xfce, so that it runs faster. But if it goes at a reasonable speed, great.
 Top of the page
bryno
bryno Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 4:05 AM
#
Thx 4 answer. I'll install older xfce. Now i'am testing Opie, i red that this distro has no problem with Xserver and Wm manager. I'd like to teach U new word in polish PS, Dziekuje- means thanks ( i supose is hard to spell Dzi but its good to know this one so DZIEKUJE 4 answer!
 Top of the page
bryno
bryno Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 4:18 AM
#
I'll install older xfce, but xfce4 is no so slow. Now i'am testing Opie, i red that this distro has no problem with Xserver and Wm manager. I'd like to teach U new word in polish PS, Dziekuje- means thanks ( i supose is hard to spell Dzi but its good to know this one so DZIEKUJE 4 answer! p.s. a liitle draw:maybe it's silly question, but how to install any other kaymap, because when i run xfce i have no qwerty as i signed it during installation. So i quess i need any apropriate keymap or sth...
 Top of the page
bryno
bryno Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 6:08 PM
#
I installed Opie and i must say it's the one i was looking for. I downloaded mc, konqueror, ssh, nmap, ettercap, kismet ethtool... everything i was thinking of at the moment and at the first shot-everything i was looking for was there, in hanheld.org repository i mean. It took about an hour to achieve fully operating linux system with basic tools to administrate and surf the web. Cacy cudenko(beauty) guys, touchscrren works without any manipulations, i couldn't only check my bank account and other encrypted pages with https, but i know i must posess some other packegess to dill with this :] Opie is really nice although i see that poweroff and halt or reboot still doesn't work, it's worse than thees from 720 degrees, but nevermind, they both are fake :] I'll back with 720degrees soon, after study egzamas muth#@$@!S!! sorry but i loos control when i spend all nights learning thing i'll never use. Piss(peace) to all .

P.S. thanks to PS 4 interest and i'll write on main forum the rest
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 8:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

The keymap should be fine...

How did you install OPIE? I haven't gotten to it myself yet. I'll go and recompile all of the software instead of using ipkgs.

- Oh, dillo is pitiful. I'll work on getting konqueror to work like Jlime did.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2006-06-19 8:21 PM
 Top of the page
bryno
bryno Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 8:30 PM
#
I was going on with Opie due to this link: http://www.lowlevel.cz/log/pivot/entry.php?id=41, rest of soft got by ipkgs ofcourse but i must say apt is more comfortable, or maybe i didn't found out all options just a matter of time :] Dobranoc!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 6:58 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, I bet you are still asleep now, so I guess that applies.

I'll check out the OPIE link.
 Top of the page
bryno
bryno Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 8:08 AM
#
Yeah, i was but when i woke up i was thinking about my Java exam, and wondering if there is java compilator on 720 degrees? In Opie i found java packet but still can't fill dependencies to run it.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Look through aptitude.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.183 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8