x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Installing directory on Storage Card

t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 5:02 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

There is one behaviour, that is bothering me. Some time ago I could choose installing through ActiveSync destination where to install programs. That was Main memory or Storage card. Well this is the same but earlier handheld asked where exactly I want to install and I could choose folder. Now it installs it permanently to the Storage card root Does it need somekind registry editing?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 8:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

what hpc is this?
if it is a pocketpc, it is normal behaviour. yes they are this stupid! the program "cabinstl" will help though if you have the cab
if this is a hpc you might've screwed up the registry but i don't know where
 Top of the page
t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 1:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

yes, I have HPC. For cabs I allready use CabInstall. Well, I hope that someone else could give me some advise
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 2:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

HPC needing cabinstall? which hpc is this???
 Top of the page
t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 3:55 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

As you could see from my profile, it says that I have J720.

Edited by t6nna 2006-06-18 3:56 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 4:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you mightve messed up wceload.exe somehow.. or dunno. can you try a hard reset?
 Top of the page
t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 8:00 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have done that allready
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 10:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

which version of activesync are you using? have you started from scratch after the hard reset and not restored your backup?
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-19 1:09 PM
#
It is obvious but no one has written this (maybe because it is too obvious ):

in ActiveSync, go to Tools -> Add/Remove Programs. The option that says more or less "Install application in default location" (I am not in front of my PC now and I cannot be more precise, sorry) must be unchecked.

If the option is unchecked but you don't get anymore the message asking for the installation location, then I would think that you have screwed your registry. Maybe a tool like CCleaner could help.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 12:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

If you ran the latest version of cabinstl on SK's site, then that is your problem. For some reason it turns off the "Ask Destination" cab installer setting found in the registry. I assume it does this because the file save as dialogs on Pocket PC are pretty useless for installing things as they can only save to the My Documents folder in RAM or on a memory card. I guess cabinstl makes sure it is off to make its job easier. To reenable the "Ask Destination" mode for the cab installer, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer and change the value of the fAskDest DWORD to 1. Now when you install cabs, the installer engine should allow you to choose the directory you want to install to. I hope this helps with your problem.

Edit: I just noticed that your issue is on the PC side. Oh well. This tip is still useful if you ever use cabinstl and it screws up your registry settings. When you run a .cab file, does it open in cabinstl? Perhaps your issue is that you keep using cabinstl.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-06-20 12:27 PM
 Top of the page
t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 11:11 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yessss, TFGBD, thats was solution. Imagine how easy it is but that registry is a such dungeon... Good that someone understands it
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9